Sofirn C01 Potted AAA w High CRI

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again for all your effort on bringing this light to our attention, jon - the light is definitely looking like a winner.

SKV89

Enlightened
Wow that really is amazing. True daylight color and tintless. Super impressive R9 value. This should be the light to use when choosing paint colors.

Yay!
Youre half way home now.. LOL
fun little light, was worth the wait for mine

share your joy

this Yuji LED becoming available to the masses, is a historic moment
just a few years ago, this level of High CRI was unheard of, or only in the realm of custom lights like the McSapphire
and even until recently it was rare, at this level of light quality, in daylight white color temperature
the level of the red rendering, from the Yuji, goes beyond what a 219c can do

an opportunity for the masses to experience Cool White, without Green Tint, in High CRI is revolutionary!;-)
Note how tall the RED Bar is, in the Special CRI bar chart. CRI R9 with a value of 98! is the highest value I have ever heard of in any flashlight I own. Click pic for more info.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again for all your effort on bringing this light to our attention, jon - the light is definitely looking like a winner.

glad you are enjoying it :)

True daylight color and tintless. Super impressive R9 value. This should be the light to use when choosing paint colors.

thanks to maukka for the spectral tests, pic is a link to more info

thats one of the best looking graphs Ive seen, also note the negative DUV, which puts the tint below the BBL.. no green tint!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are literally one of my favorite lights I've ever purchased. Like I said I'm not huge on HAVING to have high cri but when I do occasionally want it these are darn near perfection. And the runtimes are ridiculous. Absolutely great lights.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my first 2 that I 'test ordered' here at work (first time ordering from a seemingly sketchy website, wanted to minimize any loss). These came in almost exactly 1 month since order, so it is not bad delivery times all things considered.

From initial inspection and impression, the build quality and presentation and operation of the Sofirn C01 is that needed the improvement to the legendary E01.

My original hope from over a year ago has been realized.
:twothumbs:twothumbs

Edit:
Arrg...I just noticed the tint...they sent me the cooler color temp ones for both....:shakehead

Despite this I want to order more lights (in my preferred color), but I am worried about getting more with the 5700K tint (I am not sure if it is worth disputing over...should I ?)

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my first 2 that I 'test ordered' here at work (first time ordering from a seemingly sketchy website, wanted to minimize any loss). These came in almost exactly 1 month since order, so it is not bad delivery times all things considered.

From initial inspection and impression, the build quality and presentation and operation of the Sofirn C01 is that needed the improvement to the legendary E01.

My original hope from over a year ago has been realized.
:twothumbs:twothumbs

Edit:
Arrg...I just noticed the tint...they sent me the cooler color temp ones for both....:shakehead

Despite this I want to order more lights (in my preferred color), but I am worried about getting more with the 5700K tint (I am not sure if it is worth disputing over...should I ?)

Perhaps just send Sofirn a message first, if nothing then dispute. They are active in the flashlight community and seem to be reputable for what they are.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
they sent me the cooler color temp ones for both.

well, glad you got your lights, sorry you did not get what you meant to order

I suggest you first confirm that the order you placed is different than what you received.

If the mistake is Sofirn did not ship what you ordered, definitely yes, I do think you should dispute. It will help them learn to be more accurate, and you will be helping others by helping Sofirn fix whatever went wrong to cause the mistake with your order.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked my order again and it was placed correctly through the entire process.

I opened a chat with AE....and "I was shipped the wrong light color" was a choice for one of the issues which lead to opening dispute. So that is pending....

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
I got mine today (warm in black) and it's an excellent little light. The beam is super floody -- if I didn't know any better I'd say it's almost mule-like.

The Yuji LED is impressive, but perhaps I'm biased as I love super-warm tints for indoor use and up-close use.

My advice: don't expect this light to do all the same things as the E01, and most users will be happy.

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
From what I have seen, it is one step ahead in the evolution...

I can see why some might view it this way.

For my use-case, however, the C01 is more like a cousin to the E01 than a direct descendant. C01 is much more task-specific. Both are awesome, though.

scout24

Flashaholic
I will more than likely order one or two. I love the emitter obviously having done group buy for several thousand, and it's hard to mess up an aluminum tube with o-ring. BUT- and this is a huge BUT: Until I have torture tested one like I've done to several E01's, I'll call it a nice newcomer who has potential. Potting is wonderful, I'm sure the board components are good, but the E01 has so much real world abuse under it's belt that it's going to be tough to unseat it... 😁

Toons

Newly Enlightened
BUT- and this is a huge BUT: Until I have torture tested one like I've done to several E01's, I'll call it a nice newcomer who has potential. Potting is wonderful, I'm sure the board components are good, but the E01 has so much real world abuse under it's belt that it's going to be tough to unseat it... 😁

So, what you waiting on? :D :popcorn:

Ishango

Enlightened
I did show interest in the original BLF thread, but had forgotten all about it. Stupid me. Have one incoming now to test out. I laughed at the: "Hey, waar is 'ie gebleven" :naughty:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
if to choose between the 3200 vs 5600 whats to choose and which more floodier.
Both CCTs are from LEDs with the same 60° beam angle, and from what I can see from beam shots are about equal in floodiness. The 3200K version is what is commonly called 'warm white' and basically is tilted a little more towards the red end of the spectrum, like the light from an oil lamp or candle as opposed to sunlight. The 5600K version is also known as 'neutral white' and is a little more balanced in color output. One can get an idea of the differences looking at some of the photos in this thread, but one really has to have the light in hand to see how the output looks. As many here have stated, they prefer the warmer tones indoors and evening/night, mainly because it is more like what we are used to from incandescent lighting.

Latest posts