Solarforce L2 stock switch, WTF is going on here? I think Im missing a part!

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
The click switch on my Solarforce decided to just sink in today. I took it apart and inside I have the switch board with the spring, the black plastic spacer, and the switch cover. I've only had this light for a few days, but something struck me as very VERY cheap about this setup considering how good the reviews on these lights seem around here. From looking around now, I'm noticing that the Solarforce lights should have a retaining ring in the tail cap! I'm pretty sure I was sent a light that is missing this retaining ring :confused:. The light is gray and I really have no need for a different style of tail cap, but I'm pretty darn sure this thing isn't put together right.

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you get the light from? If it's from any reputable dealer associated with cpf there's no doubt they'll send you the piece you need.

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
From ITC_shop, he's a registered dealer for Solarforce, and has decent reviews on the boards. The problem is I'm not 100% sure I'm missing anything here, just thinking that's what's going on.

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
Nope, just the circuit, the switch is unstable and as I stated earlier I pushed it a little harder than normal and it dropped inside the body, I had to press it back in with needle nose pliers to get it working again.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you better contact ITC-Shop and get a new tailcap or at least the retaining screw shipped to you. Bumm donuts. :(

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
Man this is bad luck! I knew there was a problem with the output of this flashlight, but I thought it was the drop-in, it looks like this could have been it the whole time :scowl:.

odd

Newly Enlightened
Contact itc_shop.
I´m sure they´ll send you a new tailcap for free and you´ll probably even get a few bucks discount on your next order.

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
ITC_SHOP took care of it no problem. I also wrote Solarforce to ask what was going on here and they are sending me a retaining screw as well. Solarforce is some good stuff! You pay a low price but get a lot of support!

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
Do they make those in silver? I've only seen black but I never really investigated all that well.

shark_za

Enlightened
You only want it for the insides.
Get the L2-S6 and take its guts out and put them inside your Grey original L2-S1.

Specially if you have a single mode LED. This class of light is just right with a forward switch.