• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* McGizmo LunaSol 20 - $700

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*SOLD*

So, I need to sell my LunaSol 20 that I bought less than a year ago. Owning a house is, unfortunately, rather expensive, and I just can't justify owning such an expensive flashlight and not really using it. I wish I didn't need to sell it, but owning one $500 McGizmo EDC light is extravagance enough. This LunaSol can use rechargeable R123 Li-ion cells, as well as CR123A primaries, and it is in excellent to near-mint condition. There isn't a dent or gouge anywhere, and the only scratches are very small and fine. "Near-mint" might be pushing it a little but it's better than "excellent" to be sure. I carried this light for a couple weeks straight after I bought it, in my front left pocket with only my leather wallet, and on and off again for the next several months, but overall it amounted to very little carry, and to very soft and forgiving carry. Other than that it has been sitting on my bedside table or in a drawer. It was never dropped or damaged. It's in great condition.

More importantly, of all the piston-drive lights I have used, this one has the best action. The spring never buckles or does anything weird, and the action is nice and smooth. I felt really lucky on this count when I bought the light last summer, as other PD lights I've owned have been more problematic on this score, requiring some messing around on my part with piston orientation and spring and such.

When I received the light last year I disassembled and meticulously cleaned and re-lubed this light and checked the silicon o-rings, which were all in excellent condition. There is the usual green tritium vial in the piston. This light has not been modded or messed with in any way, and is still in stock form.

I am asking $700 + $15 shipping, delivery confirmation, and full insurance to anywhere in the USA. I am fine selling to overseas buyers, but you will need to pay the actual cost of whatever shipping method and insurance you want. And I will not say that this item is a "gift" on the customs forms.

The first person to post "I'll take it" in this thread gets it. I accept only PayPal, but the funding source on your end doesn't matter (i.e. credit card or non-credit card, doesn't matter). Post or PM with questions if you have them. OK. Here are the pics: Thanks for looking!

LS20-sale2-1.jpg

LS20-sale2-2.jpg

LS20-sale2-3.jpg

LS20-sale2-4.jpg

LS20-sale2-5.jpg

LS20-sale2-6.jpg

Last edited:

BHodge

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: McGizmo LunaSol 20 - $700

Hello:

do do you have any basic information about this light such as emitter, lumens, etc.

Thanks,

Bob

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

BHodge

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, Luxlunatic. I briefly read through the link you posted and read, "LunaSol20 head with 3 Nichia 310DS LEDs surrounding an Osram Golden Dragon LED in a 1" head." I'm relatively new to custom lights, so it would be helpful to a a condensed overview of the LunaSol 20. I have a Haiku N219, so a comparison between the two lights would be helpful to me.

Cheers,

Bob

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello:

do do you have any basic information about this light such as emitter, lumens, etc.

Thanks,

Bob

80 lumens, 2.5 hours on high. Not sure on low--three nichias, runs forever. For an in depth review check the Lunasol 20 link in my signature.

kimbal

Newly Enlightened

I've been looking for one, but customs would be an issue for me (I'm based in the EC)

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

JS! Whatcha doin'?! Remember the last time you did this?? :p