• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Super Flashlights- Mc38 & Mc38-Lux V & Kroll 2 stage mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibcj

Enlightened
I'm wondering if the Ti Bezel ring being produced, will fit other lights using the 27mm reflector.
Don sold out of the larger Ti Bezel rings very quickly and PSM was able to put one on a Maxlite. Any idea if these bezel rings will be compatible with the Aelph series ?
I'm sure if they are compatible with other lights, with a seperate thread, you would see a much larger interest in these. Like some other great projects in this thread, many people have no idea that they even exist.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like Chris at TNC works all day and all night! :huh:

When your ready for a list & PayPal, "I`LL TAKE IT" to all. :goodjob:

But Ti would be my favorite, of course. :naughty: :popcorn:

Ken

Last edited:

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should the tactical bezel come to life it would fit the Maxlite head. The bezel also fits the Aleph 1 head that uses the 27mm reflector. We'll see how well that project works and the price it would cost. Tactical bezels of different sizes could be made if members like The Maxlite tactical bezel. I could imagine a tactical bezel for the Surefire U2, L4 and Maglite MiniMag and standard head. Even the Key-Lux AA would be nice with a tactical head. I'll bet this could be fun.

For a tactical head, I understand stainless steel is cheaper and works just as well as titanium. Why doesn't anyone like stainless steel? It is the exotic name that people like about titanium?

You want us to go main stream with these light toys? Is this stuff other members would like? Lol…the toys are cozy in this thread. Showing other CPF members these light toys would make them wander in. Then this thread could become CPF. Would going up to a larger scale, the mainstream CPF, be good?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Titanium is lighter and won't rust. If I can get it ... I'd like the best. SS isn't far behind though in my book :D ... but I don't know much about those things ... I am just a lemming following the others.

As to this thread ... it is long winded ... has taken a lot of turns ... and I guess the number of users actually following decreases with the growing length of the thread, naturally.
So ... if you want more exposure and sales ... I'd open a new thread. I would have done so a long time ago btw :nana: :wave:

bernie

Fringe

Enlightened
I am surprised it took almost 1200 posts for bernie to chime in about the windedness of this thread! Luckly I found it at a good time and did not miss out on too much.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for reference I'd like my bezel in SS. Actually, if possible I'd like to up my SS bezel count to (2) and add a clickie if available in HA.

:)
-DF

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok.. I will have pictures tomorrow of the prototypes. I know what you are all thinking....... Boy, that was sure quick! It only took Chris 3 days to finish the protos. I guess this is the good thing about having your own CNC Machine shop with a little extra time. I would have finished them today but I still have lots of other work to do. We have 5 CNC Lathes. We purchased our last one just for making the fun stuff.. Flashlights & accessores, paintball accessories, RC parts, and just about anything else people want custom.

I used the bar feeder with a 4-foot bar for the first operation. Then I had to take off the 10" 3-jaw chuck and put on a collet nose for the 2nd operation (this is not fun), indicate the collet nose so the parts run within .0002 concentricity, then find a collet to hold the part to machine the 2nd side of the Bezel ring (this was easy since I was able to use the same collet that I used for the standard Bezel rings). Then the last two steps were write the program, and then set up the tools.

I machined five pieces already and will finish the remaining protos tomorrow. Then I will just throw them on the Mill and machine the last cuts.

Ok.. Enough of the boring stuff, you guys just want to see the parts.. :grin2:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
TnC_Products said:
Ok.. I will have pictures tomorrow of the prototypes. I know what you are all thinking....... Boy, that was sure quick! It only took Chris 3 days to finish the protos. I guess this is the good thing about having your own CNC Machine shop with a little extra time. I would have finished them today but I still have lots of other work to do. We have 5 CNC Lathes. We purchased our last one just for making the fun stuff.. Flashlights & accessores, paintball accessories, RC parts, and just about anything else people want custom.

I used the bar feeder with a 4-foot bar for the first operation. Then I had to take off the 10" 3-jaw chuck and put on a collet nose for the 2nd operation (this is not fun), indicate the collet nose so the parts run within .0002 concentricity, then find a collet to hold the part to machine the 2nd side of the Bezel ring (this was easy since I was able to use the same collet that I used for the standard Bezel rings). Then the last two steps were write the program, and then set up the tools.

I machined five pieces already and will finish the remaining protos tomorrow. Then I will just throw them on the Mill and machine the last cuts.

Ok.. Enough of the boring stuff, you guys just want to see the parts.. :grin2:

Chris, the insite into the project is appreciated! :goodjob:

Looking forward to the final pieces. :popcorn: :)

Thanks,
Ken

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. I just figured out the prices for the Bezel Rings and they are as follows:

7075 Aircraft Grade Aluminum $20.00 ea
This is one of the Hardest aluminums and is still light weight.

Stainless Steel $25.00 ea

Titanium $35.00 ea.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still having people contact me asking to purchase a Maxlite AA even though they have completely sold out. Due to popular demand, I am thinking about doing another run of the Maxlite AA. The problem is the minimum order on machining the bodies is 50 units and to make this work, I'd have to do a pre-pay sale. Also there will be some slight changes on the body which is as follows:

HA black
Clickie one stage tailcap switch
Scalloped bezel ring

The pricing will be around $245.00 which includes all PP fees and express mail shipping to your front door. If there is interest for 100 units, I can get the price to come down a bit more. These HA black Maxlites will not be limited to just this thread and will post on the mainstream to attract more people to help make this a go. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

TNC: Nice bezel rings!

ARC mania

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awwwww....

Black is the best HA color... shoot! and I just sent away all my money

Doug

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
I don't know if I would want a whole light, but I would be interested in a couple of the new bodies. I just love the Maxlite body, but I am not crazy about the whole primary thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.