• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Two Michael Johnson (saabluster) Beauties: Deft-X & REV Captor

hikingman

Enlightened
BOTH SOLD!

Well I said I would never do it, but lack of use tells me to sell these unique flashlights, 1 of which is like new/mint. The Deft-X has a few insignificant (to me) marks:

ALL prices include shipping within CONUS by priority mail with tracking. NO insurance is provided and I advice you consider tacking on a few bucks to get it. First posted, "I'll take it" gets it and I will PM my PayPal.

1) Deft-X. $ 595 This was the original very first unit Michael Johnson sold and it became affectionately known as "ol' Defecto" on his long running thread because it didn't meet specs. I later returned it to him to upgrade to a higher & more neutral white output. He returned it to me saying it peaked at 979Kcd and he certified it at 942Kcd. I will say that the neutral white color is light years more appealing than the sort of yellowish/greenish beam of the original.

I want to be clear that this is NOT a shelf queen. It has been used and there are some scratches apparent on the gray barrel of the light, on both the OMG Lumens logo and on the DEFT-X logo. My iPad photos do not show them but they are there. I view them as minor. I'm sure you know this light may not be offered again. I have no intention of selling it for any less. Everything that came with it: the case, holster, etc. go with it.

There is one more thing that I must note: The light has 6 brightness levels; after receiving the light back from Michael, only the top 4 function perfectly. The lowest level mostly doesn't work at all and the 2nd lowest sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. He would "fix" this issue if it important to you, I have no doubt. Some folks would never bother using those low levels. It has been used enough since I got it back that I know the operation of the top 4 levels is stable. His threat for the Deft-X is:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?352661-DEFT-X-OMG-Strikes-Back!!!

Deft-X and Case.jpg

Deft-X and Certificate.jpg

This last illustration shows clearly the custom lanyard I made for light and that goes with it.

2) REV Captor $ 195. I was once again the first purchaser of this incredible light, but I don't really use it and it is in like new condition. Any imperfections present are extremely minute and were present when I unpacked the light - it is like new. The beam is wide and the color balance is as neutral as it gets. In that way it it one of a kind. He has a thread which will give you more info:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386486-REVolutionary-New-Floodlight-REV-Captor

REV Captor.jpg

Captor Lens.jpg

Attachments

• Deft-X_Kit_FT_CS.jpg
    Deft-X_Kit_FT_CS.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Two Michael Johnson (saabluster) Beauties: Deft-X & REV Captor

Both received, amazingly packaged and in perfect shape, thanks much Hikingman, very very happy with these two!!