Some interesting Maglite upgrades / accessories

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I'm guilty of buying practically every Maglite upgrade that I run onto - crenelated bezels, glass breaking tail caps, D ring tail caps, aluminum reflectors of various types, LED upgrades of various types, lenses, etc.

I just ran onto this seller on the "bay" from Australia whom I haven't noticed before that is providing some interesting Maglite accessories. "Limelight Australia". I was wondering if any of y'all have tried any of them. The prices are a little steep, especially with shipping to the USA, but shipping is free to Australia, so I thought some of you Aussie blokes may have tried them, or may want to.

Of interest to me is this aluminum reflector and optical lens which focuses the beam into a tighter and longer throwing one. Every time I check it out, I'm thinking, "I don't need it, and it's too expensive", but then I get a little closer to talking myself into trying one, just to see how far it will throw with one of my LED upgraded Mags. It does look a bit different and interesting.

Another interesting one is the one & two cell battery extender sleeves for C and D Maglites. They can be used to add batteries, or used with an adapter that blocks the sleeve off to be used as a water tight storage compartment for spare cells or for anything else. Looks kinda cool. Would be interesting to add a 2 cell length tube to my 7C or 7D, for sure, haha. But seriously, 2 spare cells for a 2C or 2D light would be within reason, I'd say.

Here is their full page of parts, LEDs, strike bezels, lenses, tail caps, switches, springs, and more. Like I said, maybe a bit pricey, but considering inflation these days, not totally out of line. Let me know if anyone has bought from them, especially that tight focus reflector that I first mentioned. I have a feeling I'll be trying that out, and maybe the storage adapter sleeves before it's all said & done, haha.

I do think it is very cool that so many manufacturers are still making accessories for the old standard discontinued Mags. It somewhat demonstrates that they are still relevant and still very useful and able to be modified to an acceptable benefit. Kinda like the old Army Jeep of the flashlight world. I still love 'em, for durability, reliability, looks, and self defense capabilities. I think the self cleaning switch is an ingenious design, and don't think I've ever had one fail, not counting alkaleak damage. I guess we will have to wait for a while to see if the modern Maglites & switches will stand the test of time for decades like the originals.

Cheers, JT

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
If you like throw, have you tried a Lumencraft 800 lumen firefly? I have one that I'm running four eneloops in that's doing 60k cd.

Thanks, hsa. I have not tried that one yet. Sounds interesting. Will a 2C or 3C cell power it?

I do have the 5000 lumen one from Lumencraft / ASF that runs on two 26650s. It's mostly flood, but very sweet and very bright.

Last edited:

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of interest to me is this aluminum reflector and optical lens which focuses the beam into a tighter and longer throwing one. Every time I check it out, I'm thinking, "I don't need it, and it's too expensive", but then I get a little closer to talking myself into trying one, just to see how far it will throw with one of my LED upgraded Mags. It does look a bit different and interesting.

Looks interesting, I'd like to know how well these work too.