Something New Coming from Surefire?

WDR65

Enlightened
It looks a bit short for that. Maybe the E1B maxvision or another single celled e series light. Probably the maxvision though since they're touting the new versions and that's also an XC2 which has a maxvision reflector. It seems that Surefire may be getting back to their roots a bit. The old incandescent days where they had the "perfect" beam, it was never the best thrower but it was about the the best all around.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I wonder how much harder can you really drive 2xcr123s. 800 would heat them up pretty quick i would think. I terminated a malkoff m61hot on 2xcr123 because the output dropped prematurely caused by the cr123s over heated and were too hot to hold. Keep in mind the m61hot is 500 lumens with a modern xplhi

Last edited:

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the EDCL-2T, there is a new thread about it. Sounds like Surefire is bringing the 2 stage tailcap back and it looks e series compatible now!

Here's the single cell version:
1b6c19fe7cc8e1ace704a2b897b6ac84.jpg

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light looks pretty cool and the tailcap like an E-Sized Z59. But once again, like the E1D and EB1, the light is way to big for a single cell (123sized) light.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how much harder can you really drive 2xcr123s. 800 would heat them up pretty quick i would think. I terminated a malkoff m61hot on 2xcr123 because the output dropped prematurely caused by the cr123s over heated and were too hot to hold. Keep in mind the m61hot is 500 lumens with a modern xplhi

I thought the same. 800lm with 2xCR123 - not good. It should be a steep decline to significantly lower level.

free2game

Newly Enlightened
This seems interesting, looks like their mainline stuff is all being upgraded soon too
ElCGwzp.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
This seems interesting, looks like their mainline stuff is all being upgraded soon too
ElCGwzp.jpg

SF seems to be moving in the right direction, but I'd still like to see runtime/ output charts. 1200lm seems like a massive request of two CR123's. Programmed step downs must be part of the equation.

Nephron44

Enlightened
SF seems to be moving in the right direction, but I'd still like to see runtime/ output charts. 1200lm seems like a massive request of two CR123's. Programmed step downs must be part of the equation.

Their products are going in the right direction, but their prices aren't :/ the new G2 with MaxVision is expensive for a polymer light...I can't imagine the MaxVision setup costs THAT much more to make!

moltenmag

Enlightened
Hopefully SF will support 16650 or 18650 in their newer lights.

Totally hope so too. I love my old LX2. But a light with a 15 lumen low and 1200 lumen high that runs 18650 cells would easily replace it.

EricJames

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully SF will support 16650 or 18650 in their newer lights.
I read somewhere that the new 1500 lumen Fury be dual fuel (hence the df in the model number). This means it will support 18650 batteries. As for the other lights, I can only assume they would support 16650 batteries. Being that they are 6V devices.

Nephron44

Enlightened
I wish they would make a AA fueled light!

They would have to go backwards in lumen progress to power a light with AA. It seems they are pushing for more lumens with each new light instead of different fuel options.

A duel fuel like the Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA would be nice, but I'm sure it would be expensive! I like the 1L-1AA enough that I wouldn't go for a Surefire version unless it was similar in price, which won't happen.

free2game

Newly Enlightened
They would have to go backwards in lumen progress to power a light with AA. It seems they are pushing for more lumens with each new light instead of different fuel options.

A duel fuel like the Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA would be nice, but I'm sure it would be expensive! I like the 1L-1AA enough that I wouldn't go for a Surefire version unless it was similar in price, which won't happen.
Seems like there would be an expectation with it, I mean if they can get 500 lumens out of a 3v light I don't see how they couldn't make a 2AA body with the same head, they still make the 2AA scout light iirc.

Nephron44

Enlightened
Seems like there would be an expectation with it, I mean if they can get 500 lumens out of a 3v light I don't see how they couldn't make a 2AA body with the same head, they still make the 2AA scout light iirc.
True, but it would be a much longer light, though, and wouldn't be as pocket friendly for some people, especially those that are used to small one cell lights.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
They had prototyped the PMX Fury a few years back at Shot Show, but they never released it. It was basically a P3X Fury with a sleeve to run 200 lumens on 2xAA.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1380612-REG/surefire_fury_ib_df_fury_dual_fuel.html

1500 lm!!

I do not even assume how this can quickly heat up. I have an think - outwardly it does not seem that
the reflector is heavily modified, so perhaps it is designed for the same 5 * 5 mm diode.
XM-L2 gives a maximum of about 1200 lm, here 1500 lm.
Maybe this is used here?
http://www.cree.com/led-components/products/xlamp-leds-arrays/xlamp-xhp50-2

While this is only an assumption, I'm going to make an order
and in 1.5-2 months I'll know exactly which diode is inside
(given the ability of my mail to forward parcels on foot).