• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sourcing a Yuji 5600k and / or 3200k 5mm LED for Photon Freedoms

photonmuncher

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

this may be a long shot, but is anyone able to point me in the direction of a source for a few Yuji 5600k and / or Yuji 3200k 5mm LEDs?

I have seen the group buys, but unfortunately I only saw them after they closed.

Ideally, I'd love to buy a couple of each.

I have a trusty Photon Freedom that has been doing uninterrupted EDC duty on my key ring for going on fifteen years now, and it shows no sign of giving up any time soon! To me, this is one of the most remarkable lights ever made, also my most used light as well, and I love it for many reasons. I have a second Freedom lying around too.

Ideally, I really want to put the 5600k Yuji into the one on my key ring, and a 3200k Yuji in the other one. If I can get a couple more, I'll mod a couple more Freedoms for a good friend of mine, but that would just be a bonus.

I don't really need a thousand of each - the minimum number Yuji seems to sell :-(

Any ideas where I could get a couple of either; or even just a single one?

:anyone:

Have a sweet day! :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Hi there, and welcome. I'll move this to the Want to Buy section, and suggest you email Vinhnguyen54 at Skylumens. His contact info can be found in his subforum under "Custom Builders and Modders" here. Good luck!

photonmuncher

Newly Enlightened
Oh darn I did it again Scout. Still finding my way round here. Thank you!

Also thank you for pointing me in the direction of Vinhnguyen54, will get in touch with him. Fingers crossed.

Any other pointers still welcome of course, if anyone has any! :)

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
Mountain Electronics sells the little jewels, it is a great Photon Freedom mod.

... outside sales link removed ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Phlogiston

Enlightened
On a related note, there's a BLF project in the works where Sofirn are going to make 1×AAA keychain lights in the style of the legendary Fenix E01, but using Yuji LEDs. The plan is to have 3200K and 5600K versions in three anodisation colours.

... outside sales link removed ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Sorry; it hadn't occurred to me that the BLF thread constituted a sales link. Although I don't consider it one as of now, it is of course liable to become one once Sofirn release the light!

archimedes

Flashaholic
The WTB forum is primarily for those looking to buy from other individuals on CPF, so commercial-type links would essentially be considered off topic.

It's fine to PM this info, but would rather not have these posted here.