Spotlight for firemen

andrey o

Newly Enlightened
By the way, I have also tried a catadioptric lens (I had very high expectations on it):

Partly it provides a similar effect as in the Pelican StealthLight: light from LED reflects from the lens' central part and goes back, then the reflected light reflects again from the main reflector - almost the same as if the LED is aligned backwards to reflector.

But the total candlepower was significantly less comparing to a single fresnel lens, that I currently use in the LS-A2M flashlight.

Attachments

• 220px-MinoltaRFRokkorX250f56text.svg.png
    220px-MinoltaRFRokkorX250f56text.svg.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 121

andrey o

Newly Enlightened
I know you are building lights but why not just use LEP/Laser like in the Acebeam W30 with a throw of 2.4Km or a L19 with TIR and 1.5km throw, now they will cut through smoke.
LEP technology seems to be a great solution, but now it is too expensive. Need to wait when it becomes a more massive product, hopefully LEP modules will be available for a cheaper price. I'll try to find more information about TIR lens of Acebeam L19.

For firefighter chest flashlight it is important to minimize flashlight's length, in my LS-A2M flashlight it is only 35 mm distance between LED and lens. Hunting flashlights provide a long distance beam by using long reflector or long TIR lens. I'll check again if there are any flat TIR lenses providing narrow spot.