Spy 007 Official Ownership Registry

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, that is how long it was in the drawer. I have other oddities in there, I should go through that stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

lefteye219

Enlightened
Yea, that is how long it was in the drawer. I have other oddities in there, I should go through that stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hello Data, remember me also while you are going thru the drawer of goodies of yours... :naughty:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm... National treasures and great finds have been found in these informal time capsules that are drawers...

Anyway, the story goes that I messaged Dave last month inquiring about how feasible it would be to offer SWGG bodies for TiN coating. I suppose, in retrospect, that it would take a sizeable lot of lights as such mentioned by chipwillis before a coating service would even consider a run for small objects like flashlights.

I was planning to get a 007 for EDC (Don't scream... I use my lights :D), and remembered that old 24K Gold SPY from ages past. And that a long time ago when TiN coating was all the rage. Plus the fact that TiN is one of the most durable and hard-wearing materials (Unlike Gold). So I asked Dave...

Long story short, luck would have it that Dave unearthed a rather ancient TiN coated shell from his drawer (Yup, I literally fell off my chair when I saw the photo of it.) There was some worry that it would have to make do with a plain Ti Knob, but more digging into his drawer yielded the matching gold hued knob. So, the light is fully TiN coated apart from the tiny battery release button.

The TiN coating is translucent, so the usual machine marks on the underlying Ti is visible. The visual effect is quite stunning. And the coating is very hard.

Thank you, Dave! As before... Great service with really prompt replies to my queries... And despite the Easter holidays, the light was assembled in record time. :twothumbs

Here's a link to an earlier post I made about the light in the general photos thread...
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-your-lights&p=4436397&viewfull=1#post4436397

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received #0611 from Dave yesterday, machine finish with 5000k XML2.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm now the proud Papa of #0632 (SWGG XM-L2)

Just finished installing my trits. She's a work of art :)

Tranquillitybase trit disc found!

2m61po5.jpg

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad it arrived to you before Christmas. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did the past year[emoji1]