Spy 007 Pics

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried several things for the lanyard hole. I just recieved Lummi's little cable with the plastic wrap. I like it a lot. I think its better the a cable fishing lead and using shrink wrap. I use para cord through the whole of a Mcgizmo Ti clip and clip in on and off when I need.

2008-05-22001.jpg

2008-05-22002.jpg

2008-05-22003.jpg

2008-05-22004.jpg

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the links to USN. USN on google returns a lot of US Navy stuff I didn't figure out what it meant.

Now I need to register. They require an internet provider email but I don't even know mine. :shakehead

Scottiver

Enlightened
I am always afraid that I will drop my lights, especially the expensive ones. :eek: Because of this, I prefer a lanyard on my lights and the Spy presents a lanyard challenge. The lanyard hole is tiny, and I like something a little more substantial at the attachment point. For the time being, I've threaded a small zip tie (4 inch) through the hole, rounded the corners for easier carrying and a drop of superglue to prevent it from tightening. After a few weeks of pocket carry, I really don't notice the zip tie. I haven't found anything else that is tough enough and small enough to get through the hole. If anyone has found a better solution, please let me know.

2509383779_48b34d9324.jpg

2509381643_3600420b32.jpg

If you can get a zip tie through the hole then why wouldn't a split ring of the proper size work in there? :thinking:

easilyled

Flashaholic
If you can get a zip tie through the hole then why wouldn't a split ring of the proper size work in there? :thinking:

Maybe because the split-ring would have to be so thin in order to go
through the hole that when pushing the double wire of the split-ring apart
to force it through, the elastic limit of the wire is exceeded and the ring
will end up with an unsightly gap instead of having the double wire
neatly together if this makes sense?

I haven't tried it but am reluctant to do so for this reason and also because
I fear that the split-ring would scratch and mar the beautiful finish of the
Ti around the lanyard hole.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha ha - the identities have been obscured to protect the innocent!

You lucky devil:thumbsup:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
What fun! Two 007's and neither is identified by serial number! Whoo Hoo! Screw the Registry! We'll never let 'em know. Hahahahahaaaaaaaa. :devil:

Hmmm, I could be wrong, but I don't recall Dave asking for a registry?! :shrug: Would you rather I post up say, a Visa number instead? :devil:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, I could be wrong, but I don't recall Dave asking for a registry?! :shrug: Would you rather I post up say, a Visa number instead? :devil:
Maybe Troy is priming everybody for the SS number registry...

EMack, Troy won't give up until you submit those numbers, he's the Terminator of the official/unofficial registry:crackup: He'll be back

Cheers,
Spyless Ninja...

Last edited:

ibcj

Enlightened

I thought about a split ring, but I'm not crazy about the whole metal rubbing on metal thing. I use my lights, but try to take good care of them. There are some small surface scratches on mine, which I've developed on any ti light that I've carried. So far, so good. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that it won't be too long before others get the chance to own this light. It really is amazing, and I look forward to reading other's impressions. :popcorn:

Scottiver

Enlightened
It would be nice to know that a split ring would work if one wanted to go that route. I don't think that it would scratch the finish much if you were careful.
I'd also like to know exactly what the lanyard hole was designed to be used with.

Edwood

Enlightened
It would be nice to know that a split ring would work if one wanted to go that route. I don't think that it would scratch the finish much if you were careful.
I'd also like to know exactly what the lanyard hole was designed to be used with.

The hole is really tiny. Even if you could get a tiny ring to fit, it would just stick out and not fold flat ever, because there is very little clearance around the holes. The lanyard hole in the SPY 007 is meant for cellphone type straps.

-Ed

Scottiver

Enlightened
The hole is really tiny. Even if you could get a tiny ring to fit, it would just stick out and not fold flat ever, because there is very little clearance around the holes. The lanyard hole in the SPY 007 is meant for cellphone type straps.

-Ed

OK, thanks for the reply.