SPY 007 Sales thread #1 is now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, I was much later than others (by a few milliseconds) and I had two computers going. My main computer is a Core 2 Duo at 3.6GHz with 8GB of RAM. But it doesn't matter when I'M the bottleneck in performance of my computer. I managed to score the 26th position. :D

Sounds like a VERY nice PC :poke:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, I was much later than others (by a few milliseconds) and I had two computers going. My main computer is a Core 2 Duo at 3.6GHz with 8GB of RAM. But it doesn't matter when I'M the bottleneck in performance of my computer. I managed to score the 26th position. :D

What OS are you running with 8gb of memory? Must be 64bit vista cause 32bit OSes can only register ~3.5gb (depending on other addressable memory in the pc)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh and I know it's not the norm on this forum, but dee239's actually a girl :eek:

....definitely not the norm around here. :eek:oo:

On behalf of my sexist-pig CPF brotheren :)nana:), I applogize dee239 and Welcome to CPF!!! :welcome:

MSax

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Sorry Dee! :p Welcome to CPF! I betcha by tonight you'll have wished you held your spot for the spy!! :sick2:

Guys as far as my computer is concerned, a good friend of mine owns a computer company called CompServPro.

I told him to hook it up, I dont know what is in it, for I am no CPU whiz. I do know it is quick, and it has tons of memory and RAM. I have 1000's pf pics, and alot of programs, and have only used 20% of the memory. :rock:

And the funny thing is, my CPU is 4 years old. :twothumbs

ArsMachina

Enlightened
PayPal sent!

I hit the refresh button every 30 seconds and had my "I'll take it" ready to paste.
When I hit the sent button I thought I would have a SPY for sure, but finally it was very close!

Jochen

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
I had a co-worker interrupt me as I was about to type my interest in the SPY response. I don't think he understood why I was so irritated :scowl: with his timing. Fortunately it didn't cost me a SPY, just being a bit higher post number.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPY 007 Sales thread #1 is now OPEN

:paypal:
:takeit:
email sent
SPY 007 is $945.00
FedEx shipping to all USA locations is $25.00
To use PayPal with CASH add 3% ($28)
TOTAL: $998.00

Decided to use paypal vice mailing check. Please disregard 2 earlier emails.
New email with Street address sent.
:thanks:
Brian

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
Sorry Dee! :p Welcome to CPF! I betcha by tonight you'll have wished you held your spot for the spy!! :sick2:

Guys as far as my computer is concerned, a good friend of mine owns a computer company called CompServPro.

I told him to hook it up, I dont know what is in it, for I am no CPU whiz. I do know it is quick, and it has tons of memory and RAM. I have 1000's pf pics, and alot of programs, and have only used 20% of the memory. :rock:

And the funny thing is, my CPU is 4 years old. :twothumbs

I think the man behind the computer, it's internet connection, and luck have more to do with it. ;)

Edwood

Enlightened
What OS are you running with 8gb of memory? Must be 64bit vista cause 32bit OSes can only register ~3.5gb (depending on other addressable memory in the pc)

Yup. Vista x64.

I have a dual boot with Vista x86, and yup, only 3.5GB registers.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG these 27 lights went in a blink of an EYE
AND IT LOOKS LIKE I SCORED SERIAL 0200???????????????
:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

The first serial number is 0201. It is the only light with the serial number by the rail. See old post for a pic.

Will those who didn't make it have priority in the next run, or will it again be a first-post-first served deal?

I am going to give this some thought. If I do this it will only be up to the point where I posted "STOP". Because after that point some people would have stopped posting.

Re: check payments, is your address still on Hedgeline Dr. ?

yes

Am I late or what? :crackup:

I am blown away.

Looks to me like Policescannerman was first in line.
And Kenster is MIA.

Where is Kenster?

Damn blackberry! Sorry for mucking up the thread with a wholly unintentional quote of Dave's first post!

Bummed

:ohgeez:

Is the $500 insurance coverage included in the shipping costs for USA shipments?

Can Delivery Confirmation service be added to Priority mail shipping?

-Ed

yes and yes (no cost to you)

I've changed my mind. So mine can go to the next poster on the thread.
(My post is nb 10 on this thread)

no problem

Did I miss something? Data's post said this thread would open at noon Eastern time, right? I was on from 11:45-12:30, and even scheduled my meetings today to be online at that time... but finally had to leave for a meeting... and now come back to the light being sold out. Arrggghhh.

I apologize if I did not make it clear that the post would be after noon.

I have a question for all internationnal buyers. Does the declared value increase the chances that you have to get your light caught in customs? Generally small packages go through with almost no chance to get taxed. I'm really wondering if the declare value plays a role in that or not.

Data I'll send payment as soon as I have this question figured out so I can decide, thanks!!

edit : I'd like to add this : has anyone ever had a lost or stolen express mail package in an international transit?

Without insurance you bare all the risk of a lost package.

SPY007 is such a nice light , will the customs believe it's less than $100? Especially if the customs officer is Flashcoholic :naughty:

This is my point exactly. :poke:

Oh and by the way, I have one Surefire Titan to trade with one Spy 007 :)

Just let me know by PM if anybody is interested ;)

Dave, is it possible that you keep the list from this first batch and put them in the second batch with priority ? It would be marvellous !

see above

It would be cool to keep the list for the next batch of lights. That's what Don did with the second wave of Lunasols.

see above

Data, when you have time, could you tell us what type of Fedex you use, ground, 2 day, etc.?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

standard overnight

Done :)

oh and I know it's not the norm on this forum, but dee239's actually a girl :eek:

there are more than you think

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: USPS shipping plus the paypal fee.

Looks like I was number 23, and I was out doing K-9 training. My wife sat at the computer hitting the refresh button and landed one for me.:D Only problem is now she knows how much they cost.

I'm a happy man.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data - Are you getting my emails?

Have to leave, will be back Sunday

Last edited:

dee239

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome! I have actually been lurking for a while so I don't feel as new to the forum as it apparently looks like.

:D

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, I've replied to email and have just sent the paypal :twothumbs

Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty :rolleyes:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
:paypal: USPS shipping plus the paypal fee.

Looks like I was number 23, and I was out doing K-9 training. My wife sat at the computer hitting the refresh button and landed one for me.:D Only problem is now she knows how much they cost.

I'm a happy man.

Wow! you have a very understanding wife! :twothumbs

Data, please leave the price of this light outta my packaging, in my house, this is a $100 light! :crazy: I think the same goes for most guys here. :crackup:

Edwood

Enlightened
Wow! you have a very understanding wife! :twothumbs

Data, please leave the price of this light outta my packaging, in my house, this is a $100 light! :crazy: I think the same goes for most guys here. :crackup:

I don't mind the invoice with price being packaged with mine.

But if anyone asks, remember to move the decimal point to the left one.

"Yes, this light is very expensive. It cost me $94.50." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts