SPY 007 Sapphire Signup Sales thread is now <<OPEN>>

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
Time to jump on the SPY 007 train - PayPal sent

Just want to add the mysterious tool maker "Mike" has done a beautiful job in developing the "Springfield Knurl"

Stoneking

Enlightened
What is the difference between XP-L-Hi and XM-L2? Also, 5000K and 6000K?
I'm sure I'm asking a very obvious question but I am fairly new to all this.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most have selected the XP-L-Hi emitter at 6000K. That combination will give you more throw because of its tighter smaller hot spot and its cooler white color. I do recommend this setup if you are often using the light outside at night. I also now have ultra cool 6500K color temp emitters. They are only for those who prefer a super cool color. Many people like the neutral tint of a 5000K emitter because it shows red tones just slightly better.

For close in and indoor use some people have selected the venerable XM-L2 with its bigger dome and resultant bigger hot spot size. It is a little easer on the eyes close up but it has slightly more of a color band in its beam than the XP-L emitter does. This is not a big deal so some but to white wall hunters it is not as desirable as the XP-L-Hi.

Both the XM-L2 and the XP-L-Hi emitters are available in neutral 5000K and cool 6000K color temperature.

I think there is a lot to consider here and we all welcome all questions and banter on this subject. Of course we are talking shades of gray here in that there is no bad choice. These are all amazing emitters compared to what we had just a couple years ago.

Cheers
Dave

m_yo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave, Email sent for a Sapphire. I need help choosing an emitter and also wondering if we can add a Vegas knob to an existing Spy007