Starting my collection today.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see you around Lisa. This is one of the threads I looked at when I first joined and learned about customs. Your lights along with taewoopa's, plus a few others, were very inspiring and helped shape what has become my #1 hobby (maybe a close #2 behind my cars)

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shouldn't have peeked into the marketplace.
I have these inbound: :twothumbs

JHanko modded Jetbeam
Tain Corona Ti 18650 Neutral
Barbolight T-09

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, the black chrome is still part of my collection. Many lights were sold, but that one was too difficult to part with.

Hey good to see you posting - your taste in lights is much like mine - the black chrome PD is NUTS, I only have PD chrome, PD Ti, PD Altin (PD19), PD HA III Nat & PD HA III Custom (grey/blue).

Glad to see you back !!

qmtu

Enlightened
Wow, I'm new to flashlight collecting, and just took 4 hours to read this whole thread. I'm inspired!
My first flashlights I bought were a Surefire P2x Fury with Intellibeam, and a Nitecore SRT7. I sold the Surefire P2X Fury Intellibeam and bought the Surefire P2X Fury, because I want to control when I want it on low settings. I sold the Nitecore SRT 7 and got the SRT5 for the smaller head size.
At the same time I discovered Elzetta, so now I have a Elzetta Bravo with AVS head and hi-low tailcap. I just ordered an Elzetta Charlie with a bored body from Oveready and am going to try some different lights in it. I'll probably get rid of the Surefire because the tint is very green. I'll get rid of the Nitecore SRT5 because it's cool, but it does not have the ruggedness and the wow factor of the Elzetta.
So far I like the Elzettas more than the Surefires due to the more rugged appearance, either that or the better marketing hype. Could someone tell me otherwise?

... I made the mistake this weekend, of reading through the McGizmo section of the forum. Now I'm corresponding with Don, but I think I'm going to commit to a McGizmo Haiku XP-G2. Any recommendation on 1x123 versus 2x123? The main usage would be shining it indoors and outdoors and admiring the beam and throw, as well as walking the dog and wow'ing my kids. It's a big expense, but I thought I'd splurge just this once, and never again!

Anyway, lisantica, I hope you continue to lurk and give us newbies some advice occasionally.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a huge fan of single cell lights for safety & simplicity especially if your new to the hobby.

The 2x123 will only give you more runtime IIRC.

qmtu

Enlightened
Thanks FroggyTaco. I'm also leaning toward the single cell model also. It looks more... balanced. Being new to high powered flashlights, I wasn't sure if there was a big difference between the 200 lumens put out by the single cell, versus the 300 lumens put out by the double cell. I imagine 200 lumens is still way brighter than the Energizer flashlights I'm used to (which put out what, 10 lumens?)

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a difference but it's not as large as you would think. You typically have to double the lumen output to really notice a difference in output. And in that form factor for your stated desires 200 lumens is ample.

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
qmtu, thank you for reading this thread, it has been a fun hobby and I've recently picked up a couple more flashlights.
I mainly like smaller lights, so the single battery is a plus.

Another reason I like single battery lights is battery conditioning. It seems that if you are using rechargeable batteries, you are supposed to cycle the two batteries together. I prefer to only have to worry about one battery.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lisa - welcome back. I was wondering if you still had that black chrome PD and I see from a few posts back you do - that one's always been a favorite of mine.

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm almost done with titanium flashlights. I'm broke.
I totally get that!
Lisa - welcome back. I was wondering if you still had that black chrome PD and I see from a few posts back you do - that one's always been a favorite of mine.
Hello, thank you, yes, that black chrome PD has been my pride and joy for some time.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Hi Lisa,

My question for you is: what happened to that violet Mac EDC?
I see you have an orange one now. Did you have it re-coated?
or traded it?

Also I saw a pic way back where you had a black head on the violet Mac. Can I know the details of that?

Just curious :thinking: and glad to see your still with us :wave:

Nick

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Nick,
The violet Mac EDC was sold when I needed some fountain pen cash. Wish I would have kept it.
I did buy the orange one to replace it.
The black head on violet Mac was just me, mixing and matching since Mac's flashlight parts were interchangeable.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
:thanks: For the details Lisa. That Violet Mac was Gorgeous.

Take care,

Nick