Streamlight quality!

Beard Man

Enlightened
Hi everyone!
Do all Streamlight Strion LED flashlights have this horrible beam profile: blue rings around hot spot?
Plus LED was badly off center!

49503211487_5cec564d9e_c.jpg

49502991386_7eb7e91216_c.jpg

49502485888_7c62843767_c.jpg

49502991306_eea817279b_c.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have never seen any blue at all from any of my streamlight products.

I take that back, I have an ancient stylus 3aaaa (that's correct, 4a's) that touted "ice blue beam" back when 12 lumens from an LED was huge.
My late model streamlights (strion, tl2, stinger etc) have copy paper white beams and newer stuff (scorpion, various protac's and a pair of polytacs) have a hint of neutral.

Beard Man

Enlightened
That is for sure not a SL Strion beamshot, and if it really is coming from a "Streamlight," you've a fake my friend. I use one every day at work...

Yes,it's a Streamlight Strion LED,I bought it from BrightGuy.
The package was received today and today I sent it back.
If I ever buy a flashlight, then I will buy it from BrightGuy. Outstanding customer service!

P.S. BrightGuy can sell fakes? :eek:

Last edited:

Firebottle

Newly Enlightened
I have a stylus pro I use for minor inspections at work.
Never had any issues with it. Good beam profile. Nice defined hot spot without the blue rings you described.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
My brother bought a Streamlight ProTac that has a badly off center LED. Is the LED centered decently on your sample?

Beard Man

Enlightened
My brother bought a Streamlight ProTac that has a badly off center LED. Is the LED centered decently on your sample?

Forgot to mention.Yes,LED was badly off center,this is the first thing that caught my eye.

Last edited:

Beard Man

Enlightened
Bright Guy sells genuine articles. Good seller.
It sounds like the factory let some junk out the door. That's too bad.

I am quite sure that BrightGuy does not sell counterfeits, but the fact that Streamlight's quality has fallen, is certainly frustrating.

A beam profile and a badly offset LED,are not acceptable to me at this price.

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Not to fuel the fire, but FWIW, my brother, an adomant Streamlight fanboy, also recently bought another Streamlight light, can't remember exactly which model, but it was missing a battery contact spring, brand new straight from the package. Yes, a totally non functioning, incomplete light.

Was it a return that someone messed with? Or has their quality control gone that far downhill? I do not know, but I have my suspicions.