Streamlight Wedge XT

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see how this is so hard for people to imagine. Go from a knurled pipe to an ergonomic rectangle with grip panels. Nevermind that it has a magazine for the batteries.

DRW

Enlightened
... the LEOs on the force had to provide their own back up gun (BUG)...
I had to purchase all of my duty guns. There is a bennifit, you get to carry what you want. When I started working in Nuclear, everyting was provided except breifs/socks.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I suppose the department figures they issue adequate firearms so extras is up to the officer, kinda like flashlights or batons.....
Actually, in some police departments in America.... You guessed it. Individual officers have to buy their own duty sidearms from a very short pre-approved list too.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the approval list involve what holsters are available for duty use? You could get the best gun in the world such as a Sphinx, which a few departments in teh world use, but if you can't find a holster it is virtually useless.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
^ California police department approved firearms (that don't cause cancer) Nerf guns squirting orange juice at the perps
Are we sure citrus doesn't cause cancer? Will have to spend $227 Million of tax-payer money on a study of that, before the guns can be approved.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Does the approval list involve what holsters are available for duty use? You could get the best gun in the world such as a Sphinx, which a few departments in teh world use, but if you can't find a holster it is virtually useless.
Actually, they usually do. List for that too.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, in some police departments in America.... You guessed it. Individual officers have to buy their own duty sidearms from a very short pre-approved list too.

I was in LA a few years ago and as I'm apt to do, I approached a few cops standing around and started up a convo. Told them about my company and educated them on new technology that was available for their 6P lights and other miscellaneous Incands.

The Sergeant came up and I couldn't help but notice the beautiful pearl handled .45 on his hip. Turns out it was his fathers that he carried on duty in the 60s so he figured it was good enough for him! I told him I was surprised that he took it out of the safe and he did say that it wasn't cafried everyday but it was in his regular rotation.....I didn't know that was a thing!

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meanwhile,, we're all waiting for @aznsx to come back and save this thread (-;

It's dead, Jim;-)

The light's still very much alive and in my pocket though. It's early days, but so far, I couldn't be happier. It's engineered to be everything it's supposed to be, they didn't cut corners, and they didn't try to make it anything it shouldn't be. That's not easy to do. Most things these days are either under, or over-engineered, and neither is good. Very few things hit that balance just right. I'm trying to think of something I'd change about it if I could, but haven't managed to do that yet. It's exactly what I wanted, and expected. I'll keep trying and let you know if I come up with something. If someone who's actually interested in it has a question I might be able to answer, I do still get notifications for P.M.s.

As for this ill-fated thread: I'd delete its rotting carcass in a heartbeat if I could, but alas, I can't;-(

Last edited:

Sonnenhell123

Newly Enlightened
Hello, can someone post a qualitive runtime chart of the Wedge XT to see if high gets the output constant?

If high isn't regulated - how performs it if the high was used 10min and reactivated:
a) direct after the 10min of usage
b) after cool down of the light?

Runtime graph can be made easy with an mobile phone app and ceiling bouncing.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's dead, Jim;-)

The light's still very much alive and in my pocket though. It's early days, but so far, I couldn't be happier. It's engineered to be everything it's supposed to be, they didn't cut corners, and they didn't try to make it anything it shouldn't be. That's not easy to do. Most things these days are either under, or over-engineered, and neither is good. Very few things hit that balance just right. I'm trying to think of something I'd change about it if I could, but haven't managed to do that yet. It's exactly what I wanted, and expected. I'll keep trying and let you know if I come up with something. If someone who's actually interested in it has a question I might be able to answer, I do still get notifications for P.M.s.

As for this ill-fated thread: I'd delete its rotting carcass in a heartbeat if I could, but alas, I can't;-(
Every time I read the word 'wedge' I get an uncomfortable feeling in my pants 🤙

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, can someone post a qualitive runtime chart of the Wedge XT to see if high gets the output constant?

If high isn't regulated - how performs it if the high was used 10min and reactivated:
a) direct after the 10min of usage
b) after cool down of the light?

Runtime graph can be made easy with an mobile phone app and ceiling bouncing.

It is rather unusual that SL has not (yet) included an output/time graph for the -XT version, particularly since a nice one is provided for the similar / original Wedge version as usual, bottom-right of the "Fact Sheet" on the web site (under 'Documentation' on the product page). The last document revision date on the -XT Fact Sheet is ~6 months ago, and I don't see one (yet).

I've been carrying / using a -XT for several months (near constantly), and I can say that the dictionary should have a thumbnail image of the -XT next to the word 'Handy'. It's proven to be one of the handiest lights I've ever had. I even bought a second one, and that's most unusual for me. That said, I can't answer your question, and my rather old cell phone doesn't run "apps", so I have no way of measuring output. Perhaps SL will add the graph to that document, or someone else who has one can provide the info you want.

Sonnenhell123

Newly Enlightened
It is rather unusual that SL has not (yet) included an output/time graph for the -XT version, particularly since a nice one is provided for the similar / original Wedge version as usual, bottom-right of the "Fact Sheet" on the web site (under 'Documentation' on the product page). The last document revision date on the -XT Fact Sheet is ~6 months ago, and I don't see one (yet).

I've been carrying / using a -XT for several months (near constantly), and I can say that the dictionary should have a thumbnail image of the -XT next to the word 'Handy'. It's proven to be one of the handiest lights I've ever had. I even bought a second one, and that's most unusual for me. That said, I can't answer your question, and my rather old cell phone doesn't run "apps", so I have no way of measuring output. Perhaps SL will add the graph to that document, or someone else who has one can provide the info you want.
@aznsx : do you have an android tablet? You could install Lichtmeter app on it to make a runtime graph.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
@aznsx : do you have an android tablet? You could install Lichtmeter app on it to make a runtime graph.
I'd gladly check it if I did, but unfortunately I don't. I have nothing w/ a touch screen, or which will run either Android or IOS (which apparently will run on nothing else?). I have both Win and OSX notebooks, but I don't think that helps.

I'm also an electroncs industry technical professional, who's also a bit of a flashlight nut. Yeah, that's weird. Just thought I'd say it for you:)