Substitute for 2 stacked CR 2016 3V?

Recoil Rob

Newly Enlightened
I have a small Orvis LED light that clips to a cap visor. when I opened it up I found 2 exteremly thin cCR 2016 3V batteries stcked on atop the other.

Is there a single battery I can replace this with or do I really need to stack the two together?

thanks,

Rob

Illum

Flashaholic
they have a tendency to have duds... quite alot of them at times.

I would probably look into CR2032s... its not going to be 6V, but will last a heck of alot longer in direct drive keychains

Recoil Rob

Newly Enlightened
So I would just use one of the 2032's, being twice as thick as the 2016, but would only get 3 volts instead of the 6?

thanks,

Rob
they have a tendency to have duds... quite alot of them at times.

I would probably look into CR2032s... its not going to be 6V, but will last a heck of alot longer in direct drive keychains

Last edited:

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
3.0 volts might or might not be enough to fire up your leds, and even if it does they will likely be significantly less bright (unless it has a boost circuit). Most white LEDs need more than 3.0 volts to work properly.

I found one of the best ebay sellers for cheap CR2016 batteries was greenforcecells (get the "NACCON" brand cells, they ones I got tested better than the "Eunicell" and "Lithium Batteries" branded ones).

scriverdog

Newly Enlightened
What is the mAH rating of the NACCON branded cells from greenforcecells ?

buyers, be careful buying grey market cr2016. brand names like energizer, maxell, sony, panasonic are typically rated 85-90 mAH.
I've seen chinese branded cr2016 rated as low as 12 mAH

goki

Newly Enlightened
A single 2032 will light up a white LED no problem. It'll be a bit dimmer though vs 2x2016 but you also get more than twice the runtime when using a 2032.