Suggestion for good Eneloop charger?

john1230

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF'er, I have been lurking for ages but I wanted to throw my 2c in for Lordraiden so I finally register to post.

Lordraiden said his is a noob when it come to eneloop rechargeable so while I agree that the MH-C9000 Wizard One is a grate piece of kit, it isn't very user friendly for someone who just wants to charge and go which I presume Lordraiden would want. MH-C9000 Wizard One has a learning curve that could be daunting and off putting so I am going to offer some other chargers that don't have such tech options that users can set.

So my recommendation is for the Maha/Powerex MH-C800S ($39.95 currently but prices maybe better on black Friday), it's a 8 independent slot charger that uses 1A to charge AA and I can't find the specs but I believe it chargers AAA at 500 ma. You can just plug in your batteries and come back in an hour and a half or so and those batteries will be charged up and ready to go. If you want a faster charger they do a 2A version (MH-C801D $59.95) which will charge in an hour.

But to be honest if you are going for the faster charger I would get the MH-C808M ($89.95), it's easily three times the size but it charges C and D batteries as well.

As for batteries, get what you can afford, Amazon Basics are fine but do consider throwing some Eneloops into the mix as these have been well tested by the forum members so are proven while Amazon Basics has fewer results. So I would use Eneloops as an emergency power source (but you must remember to charge them once in a while) and Amazon Basics for other things (like clocks, remote control, cordless phones) around the house.

I hope this helps.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Lacrosse BC750 I think it is. Works well. Also the newer Panasonic charger BQ CC17 works well.
I threw away my old chargers that were times based. Only using BQ CC17 now.

And of course using Eneloop favorite cookie: Zebralight [emoji1]

Last edited:

Climb14er

Enlightened
Hello CPF'er, I have been lurking for ages but I wanted to throw my 2c in for Lordraiden so I finally register to post.

Lordraiden said his is a noob when it come to eneloop rechargeable so while I agree that the MH-C9000 Wizard One is a grate piece of kit, it isn't very user friendly for someone who just wants to charge and go which I presume Lordraiden would want. MH-C9000 Wizard One has a learning curve that could be daunting and off putting so I am going to offer some other chargers that don't have such tech options that users can set.

So my recommendation is for the Maha/Powerex MH-C800S ($39.95 currently but prices maybe better on black Friday), it's a 8 independent slot charger that uses 1A to charge AA and I can't find the specs but I believe it chargers AAA at 500 ma. You can just plug in your batteries and come back in an hour and a half or so and those batteries will be charged up and ready to go. If you want a faster charger they do a 2A version (MH-C801D $59.95) which will charge in an hour.

But to be honest if you are going for the faster charger I would get the MH-C808M ($89.95), it's easily three times the size but it charges C and D batteries as well.

As for batteries, get what you can afford, Amazon Basics are fine but do consider throwing some Eneloops into the mix as these have been well tested by the forum members so are proven while Amazon Basics has fewer results. So I would use Eneloops as an emergency power source (but you must remember to charge them once in a while) and Amazon Basics for other things (like clocks, remote control, cordless phones) around the house.

I hope this helps.

I find the Maha C9000 about as simple to use as anything Ive ever used. Just plug it in, one battery at a time, choose what you want to do, choose charge rate, choose discharge rate, put in next battery and that's it. Walk away and come back when they're done. How much more simple can it be? Oh... maybe my Pila IBC for 18650's. Just insert and remove three hours later when lights are green.

I'm not a geek, not a techie, but know how to read a manual and use my tools and in this case, a multimeter, that's optional.

The Maha C9000 is very easy to use.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find the Maha C9000 about as simple to use as anything Ive ever used. Just plug it in, one battery at a time, choose what you want to do, choose charge rate, choose discharge rate, put in next battery and that's it. Walk away and come back when they're done. How much more simple can it be? Oh... maybe my Pila IBC for 18650's. Just insert and remove three hours later when lights are green.

I'm not a geek, not a techie, but know how to read a manual and use my tools and in this case, a multimeter, that's optional.

+1, just put a battery in, select the charge rate and start. I dont see how it could be any easier. You only have to use other more advance options if you want to learn them and even they are pretty easy too.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

The last sentence is it. Most casual users prefer to just put the batteries in and come back when the lights are green. The manual is usually half a printed paged, or perhaps a couple pages if there's a bunch of different languages, and 95% of users never do more than glance at it.

john1230

Newly Enlightened

+1, just put a battery in, select the charge rate and start. I dont see how it could be any easier. You only have to use other more advance options if you want to learn them and even they are pretty easy too.

Load battery in the MH-C800S, come back in an hour and a half:laughing:

lordraiden

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions guys. As John pointed out, I'm just looking for charge and go at this point. And speed of charge isn't a big thing with me. I'm not this power user who burns through batteries like a drag racer burns through nitro. I'm more out to save money by going rechargeable than become a rechargeable power user. ^_^ So far in what I've seen, the Panasonic BQ-CC17 is more than sufficient for what I'll need. :) Okay, yes, it'll take 7 hours to charge the batteries, but like I'm in a hurry. :)

stephenk

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions guys. As John pointed out, I'm just looking for charge and go at this point. And speed of charge isn't a big thing with me. I'm not this power user who burns through batteries like a drag racer burns through nitro. I'm more out to save money by going rechargeable than become a rechargeable power user. ^_^ So far in what I've seen, the Panasonic BQ-CC17 is more than sufficient for what I'll need. :) Okay, yes, it'll take 7 hours to charge the batteries, but like I'm in a hurry. :)
I use my BQ-CC17 for overnight charging, and the Lii-500 if I need a quick daytime charge.

Latest posts