suggestions for battery charger for Armytek wizard

scar556

Newly Enlightened
So I recently picked up an Armytek Wizard V2 ... Its great! But I'm hoping to bite the bullet and switch from CR123s to 18650s.... What do you guys recommend for a good charger? It'd be kinda awesome if it could be used as a battery back up for charging my phone and tablet as well. ... Also what batteries do y'all recommend? I've been eyeing the nitecore products .... Thanks for ur help

D6859

Enlightened
Keeppower 3400/3200 and Xtar SP1.

SP1 has USB output, so you can use it to charge your phone. IIRC it came with a car adapter too, but unfortunately the usb output won't work when you're recharging the battery in the charger. But I haven't had the need to charge both my batteries and my phone in the car yet so that's not big loss.

Note to self: Always copy your message manually before sending if you're using mobile connection. You never know when your connection dies.

mhanlen

Enlightened
Just about any Xtar 18650 charger will do the job- they make pretty high quality stuff. The VC2 and MC1 are both good chargers for your basic 18650 batteries.

Last edited:

Patagonicus

Newly Enlightened
I've been pretty happy with my Nitecore D2 charger so far. There wasn't much difference in price between it and the cheaper I2. It was small enough that I decided to pay a little more in order to have the extra info available when charging.

scar556

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice guys ... I'm leaning towards theXTAR VC4.

jinya1004

Newly Enlightened
I personally have an XTAR but looking at the Nitecore i4 as my next charger