• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Suggestions - Oveready / TorchLAB

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about one of these in a DIP?

Synios KW DLMQ31.SG

or

Oslon Black Flat

or

XHP35HI

or isn't Cree coming out with some small bright emitter?

Something with a nice color temperature and tint though.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Any chance we may someday see an option for warmer tints like 3500K or 3200k in the triples? The 4000K hi CRI is where it's at for me right now, but something a little warmer would be a dream/Grail light for me.

Just dreaming out loud.

redryder

Enlightened
+1. I've been using the BOSS 219c a lot outdoors and I find it too cool/white(not enough contrast between greens&browns). My favorite outdoor light is my HDS XPG 3700k HCRI which looks almost exactly like incan.

Any chance we may someday see an option for warmer tints like 3500K or 3200k in the triples? The 4000K hi CRI is where it's at for me right now, but something a little warmer would be a dream/Grail light for me.

Just dreaming out loud.

ridnovir

Newly Enlightened
I strongly suggest diversifying your BOSS finishes and keeping a few options in stock (instead of only one option at the time) ie there should be Ti raw, Ti frost, Ti polished, Al raw, Al anodized etc. Also, please do a Zirc run of BOSS!

redryder

Enlightened
Can you provide more info about Zirconium flashlights(ie characteristics, pros, cons, etc)? Or at least links to read. I tried searching(CPF+Google) but nothing really came up.

I strongly suggest diversifying your BOSS finishes and keeping a few options in stock (instead of only one option at the time) ie there should be Ti raw, Ti frost, Ti polished, Al raw, Al anodized etc. Also, please do a Zirc run of BOSS!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Can you provide more info about Zirconium ....

Zr is a metal that can be treated to form a very hard and dark ceramic finish.

It has become a popular "fad" material for EDC items recently, especially custom knives.

It is expensive however ... which could be considered either a "pro" or a "con" I suppose (lol)

Last edited:

Stoneking

Enlightened

The BOSS is produced by a very small group, I would imagine if they could do what you're suggesting they would.
I think they've outdone themselves as it is.
This is just my opinion though.

texas cop

Enlightened
Time to up the game to Quads. You're a talented group, I think you've just pushed the current LED's to the brink. Until we get better LED's and the batteries to support them Quads might be the next mile stone. Speaking of batteries 20700 might be the size to mix current loads with capacity. So far your still one to two steps ahead of the rest.

Shurock

Newly Enlightened
Is there a tool to remove a

[h=1]Brass E/Scout Adapter for Moddoolar Heads?[/h]
I know it says needle nose pliers. But, mine cannot get that sucker out. Thoughts?

boafish

Newly Enlightened
Is there a tool to remove a

[h=1]Brass E/Scout Adapter for Moddoolar Heads?[/h]
I know it says needle nose pliers. But, mine cannot get that sucker out. Thoughts?

Do you have a pair of snap ring pliers or perhaps a pair of sturdy scissors that you could use?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the DIP P60 mules on the way and I think the format is perfect for my needs. Will we see a return of the TIR optic version? I missed out on the first run and I'm kicking myself.

And would it be too crazy to ask for an E series/Scout head using the same system? In the same way you made a Triple v5 as a complete E-compatible head, I think a basic single-emitter dip switch programmable E head would be absolutely killer for my current lego setup. Thanks!