SUNWAYLED M10R Review (1xCR123A): RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, PICS, etc.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Thanks HKJ ... that's a quite a large difference then, as my C2Hs were both quite a bit brighter than my M10R.

Yes, there is a significant difference:
M10R on low, RRT-0 with CR123 on low, Quark 123 on moonlight:

DSC_3587c.jpg
DSC_3541c.jpg
DSC_3551c.jpg

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I saw the picture of M10R the first time on the website, I liked it so much that I decided to buy a number of them - for gifts and to replace some of my current single 123 flashlights. Not all, since the M10R doesn't accept rechargeables.

I ordered one M10R for sample, and I can confirm I like its design and the execution a lot.

I decided to wait before ordering more, since the incongruent choice of brightness levels: the useless low (0.2 lumen) and the medium almost indistinguishable from the high.

The selection of levels (just as an example) of an ITP A1 would have been perfect.

I hope Sunwayled (Sunwayman) fixes this problem so I can buy many more of the M10R.

Regards

Anthony

Last edited:

njet212

Enlightened
Clip is decent quality, but could be more firmly attached to the body.

At first time i thought this a cons for M10R.

But after few testing it was a cons for me and i really dig the M10R clip design. I compared 3 clip between EX10,NEX,M10R.

The Clip on M10R is deep carry clip which is none of the M10R body protruding on pocket compared with EX10 dan NEX. Since the body is not protruding, it's minimize flashlight get snagged compared flashlight with protruding body. And this is happened to my D10, it's snagged twice and come out from the pocket.

Also less grip clip means faster and easier draw.

M10R
DSC01229.jpg

EX10
DSC01230.jpg

NEX
DSC01228.jpg

DSC01227.jpg

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was interested on this light, but since I've heard some issues on its switch I discarted it.

Thanks for the great review. :thumbsup:

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
You should review the same model with the CREE R5 led that is supposed to output a high of 220 lumens and compare it to the JETBeam RRT-0 R5 Rapid Response LED Flashlight and see which one is better.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have read conflicting info on this light as to whether the R5 XPG version is or isn't compatible with R123s. Anyone know? Batteryjunction's ad says it's got a working voltage up to 4.2V. Also, did the manufacturer alter the output levels for the R5 version?

DEMO111

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review Selfbuilt.

I know this is an old thread from last year but I just found the CPF and joined up. Because of this review and the great photos I just purchased the new M10R XP-G R5.

Cheers.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I know this is an old thread from last year but I just found the CPF and joined up. Because of this review and the great photos I just purchased the new M10R XP-G R5.
:welcome:

Hope you enjoy the new XP-G R5 version. FYI, there are also continuously-variable models to consider with the same form factor (i.e. V10R).