Sunwayman D20A

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen the NEW D20A? Seems promising. The "2xAA parallel" is a bit misleading though. I thought they were saying that the batteries were connected in parallel thus having a long runtime but the light is in series and only the direction of the battery are parallel.

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201310/142.html

The wording is fair, "2xAA" refers to battery configuration, and so does the "parallel" that goes along with it. More importantly total energy (watt-hrs or V x Mah) determines runtime, not just capacity alone. For example, a 3.7V/750 mah 14500 will have longer runtimes than a 1.2V/2000 mah Eneloop, assuming same lumen levels. However, max out is determined by voltage (when below the Vf of the LED) - so you really wouldn't want a 2xAA light "wired" in parallel.

Trevilux

Enlightened
Hi guys, I think they've gotten a good runtime. My tests :D

0FcGO5Y.jpg

KQlarPD.jpg

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh it's a chinese company so please excuse their wording LOL

well it wouldn't make sense for them to wire up the cells in parallel coz a higher total voltage is more efficient

ico

Enlightened
The wording is fair, "2xAA" refers to battery configuration, and so does the "parallel" that goes along with it. More importantly total energy (watt-hrs or V x Mah) determines runtime, not just capacity alone. For example, a 3.7V/750 mah 14500 will have longer runtimes than a 1.2V/2000 mah Eneloop, assuming same lumen levels. However, max out is determined by voltage (when below the Vf of the LED) - so you really wouldn't want a 2xAA light "wired" in parallel.

Imagine if zebralight made that light(in parallel). Twice the runtime of their current products which is already amazing.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imagine if zebralight made that light(in parallel). Twice the runtime of their current products which is already amazing.

I'm not sure what you mean. Plenty of companies have 2xAA lights that run in series and have twice the runtime as their 1xAA (actually more than twice due to the efficiency gains of running closer to the LED voltage). There is no advantage to running a 2xAA in parallel - only disadvantage. BTW, I collect 1xAAs have the SC52, and test my lights with a light meter and stop watch, and find the only incredible thing about Zebralight is the exaggeration of their spec sheets.