Sunwayman m11r, SIRIUSLY????

tower

Newly Enlightened
We've had numerous complaints about this issue but have not been able to reproduce it in house (6 lights). Tried both 16340 IMR and "standard" AW LiCo without problems. I'd be interested to hear if this is happening just out of the box or after it's sat for a while. Ones that are returned exhibit the issue immediately so we can repro it then.
As mentioned, it seems more prevalent with a freshly charged IMR and curiously seem to begin after the SECOND time the light is turned on.

Last edited:

SAKplumber

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine and noticed it the other day. I didn't see it do it again until today. It was a fully charged AW rcr123 3.7v. All of this battery talk means little to me.
I did time it though. A fully charged battery (IDK if it was after the second on or not) flashed once every 3min30sec.

I unscrewed the unit and left the battery out for 2 minutes and it isn't doing it now. I think I'll turn it on a couple of times and see if it starts.

Btw, has someone worked out that it is the battery type? I've been reading a little on this but I don't think it was narrowed down to a type. Maybe I misunderstood...which is why I'm asking:D

SAKplumber

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine and noticed it the other day. I didn't see it do it again until today. It was a fully charged AW rcr123 3.7v. All of this battery talk means little to me.
I did time it though. A fully charged battery (IDK if it was after the second on or not) flashed once every 3min30sec.

I unscrewed the unit and left the battery out for 2 minutes and it isn't doing it now. I think I'll turn it on a couple of times and see if it starts.

Btw, has someone worked out that it is the battery type? I've been reading a little on this but I don't think it was narrowed down to a type. Maybe I misunderstood...which is why I'm asking:D
Yup...it does it stiull. I don't think it has anything to do with turning it one once or twice...I pulled the battery and put it back and it still does it. I'm not timinmg it, but its still doing it.

Also, their was no serial # and I couldn't get the extra 6 months warranty without it. I wouldn't care except its brand spankin new and having issues.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not entirely on point, but I had to send my year old, tan V10R back to Battery Junction in May because it stopped working completely on primaries and there was a large jump in output, at around the 70% mark on the power ring.

They sent it back to SWM, who stated that they couldn't fix it and that they had no V10Rs left in stock, to send me, so BJ decided to sent me the V11R instead, completely on their dime. I got it Saturday and use it with AW IMR 16340s and Soshine/AW ICR 16340s and everything's peachy.

I just want to thank the team at BJ for going above and beyond, as I don't know if that light was out of warranty, or not, but it was close to a year, if not a bit older.

Chris

rlichter

Newly Enlightened
Yup...it does it stiull. I don't think it has anything to do with turning it one once or twice...I pulled the battery and put it back and it still does it. I'm not timinmg it, but its still doing it.

Also, their was no serial # and I couldn't get the extra 6 months warranty without it. I wouldn't care except its brand spankin new and having issues.

Known problem. Fixable by Sunwayman.

ceramichip2

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Sirius M11r today and I have the same flashing problem. I have an Eagletac 16340 in the light. I'm not pleased with a light this expensive!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
what's the standby current draw on your sample?

ceramichip2

Newly Enlightened
what's the standby current draw on your sample?

I don't know because I don't have the equipment to measure it. I'm in the process of sending the light back for Sunwayman warranty service.

Larry

update: I just received a replacement light and it also flashes. This one supposedly came from a new shipment from SWM.

Last edited:

Dimitris.

Newly Enlightened
I have the titanium version and I use it with AW 16340 and AW 14500 (AA ext.) and I hadn't any issue.
This situation seems to me like a lottery. You are lucky or not.
In other words, SWM have to improve QC.

ceramichip2

Newly Enlightened
I have the titanium version and I use it with AW 16340 and AW 14500 (AA ext.) and I hadn't any issue.
This situation seems to me like a lottery. You are lucky or not.
In other words, SWM have to improve QC.
It looks like I drew the unlucky straw.

update: I received a replacement light yesterday and it flashes just like the first light. Something is wrong here.

Last edited:

EddyAB

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys: the issue is simple. The small magnet has degraded - that's all!
I had the identical blinking issue and ended up by taking it to pieces. Managed to carefully drill the weak magnet out and replaced it with new powerful one (from China)... et voilà! Has worked perfectly ever since I repaired it over two years ago.
Not an easy task, but worth the hours spent: it's a great flashlight.

Attachments

• Sirius.pdf
    552.8 KB · Views: 54

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys: the issue is simple. The small magnet has degraded - that's all!
I had the identical blinking issue and ended up by taking it to pieces. Managed to carefully drill the weak magnet out and replaced it with new powerful one (from China)... et voilà! Has worked perfectly ever since I repaired it over two years ago.
Not an easy task, but worth the hours spent: it's a great flashlight.

Glad you found a fix, but no need to post it in two threads when ones from as far back as 2013. I don't know how people feel about it now but we used to call that necro posts, cause the thread is dead.
Congrats on the surgical fix, and I look forward to seeing more of your skills in the future :)