sunwayman m11r

tcr03

Newly Enlightened
So my lovely wife gave me a $100 limit for valentines day and im thinking about gettint the sunwayman m11r. a

Discussions of/with dealers should be conducted in the Dealers Corner and the Manufacturers Corner of the MarketPlace. - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
I got the V11R a week ago and love it - been carrying it daily. As for the M11R, Goinggear.com has it and they have a CPF coupon code available. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here so if you want it pm me.

Edited to add: There is also an extension tube for it to allow AA batteries to be used. It's pretty cool with a reduced inner diameter to provide a proper fit and prevent rattling.

Last edited:

wolfeeh

Newly Enlightened
I've not personally played with an M11R but I have fiddled with an M10A and M10R and found them to be beautifully built little lights, having read the reviews of the M11R it seems that this model continues the tradition and I personally would be ecstatic if my other half were offering to get me this light :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

snakyjake

Enlightened
I can't wait to get the M11. Because for EDC, I seriously don't understand why anyone would want a button and have to cycle through modes (in only one direction) to get to the mode they want. Really doesn't make any sense to me. Additionally without a button, the size is smaller.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want a light with a magnetic ring control and no button? How about the Jetbeam RRT-01 or Niteye EYE-10. Both have the ring as their only control. However, unlike the M11r, the rings on the Jetbeam and Niteye are smooth dimmer switches. Brightness will gradually ramp up as you turn the ring going from off all the way to max. This is unlike the M11r which has fixed steps. Also the Jetbeam and Niteye are 2-3x brighter than M11r if you use use 16340 or 18350 li-ion cells.

Pöbel

Enlightened
The fixed steps offer considerably longer runtime compared to every (chinese) ramping light in the same class.

We are talking 4lm (70h) versus 1lm (35) hourse for the m11r respectively v11r. So if you are looking for efficiency the m11r easily trumps the v11r or RRT-01.

gianetics

Enlightened
i love my m11r, the build is excellent and very comfortable to operate. however im selling mine because i like a light with throw and the m11 has none. if i had better throw i would keep it.

Pöbel

Enlightened
AW: sunwayman m11r

i love my m11r, the build is excellent and very comfortable to operate. however im selling mine because i like a light with throw and the m11 has none. if i had better throw i would keep it.

swap LED for XP-G2 and you get throw :)

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
So my lovely wife gave me a $100 limit for valentines day and im thinking about gettint the sunwayman m11r. a

Discussions of/with dealers should be conducted in the Dealers Corner and the Manufacturers Corner of the MarketPlace. - Norm

my lovely wife hates my m11r & every other flashlght i own because of my flashlight acquisition disorder. the m11r is a great cr123/16340 light with a great low lumen moonlight/firefly output mode & high medium mode & high mode. however, the clip of the m11r does not have a good spring back action & it had to be trashed because it hits the turing part if the control ring. the spring stretches & does not spring back. the bolts holding the spring clip make it wobbly for tail standing. removing the clip of the m11r requires using a Dremel with drum sander to grind & smooth out the sharp points where the clip was removed at the tail & the lanyard attachment point. they are too sharp for carry. no big deal to do & it hardly affects the fit & finish

the m11r it is a great light. I love mine but it needs another detent between minimum & medium. for another usd$10 i highly recommend the Sunwayman v11r by a long shot because it has a variable magnetic control ring which is as good as any I have ever seen. the ramp up is superior to all the other variable ring lights I own. the fit & finish of the v11r is as near perfect as they come. the v11r is only about 1/4 inch longer than the m11r but provides so much more versatility. the v11r clip does not get in the way & is very springy. the v11r is far superior to the m11r in usability, imho, & is a favorite of my many flashlights. the v11r could be my only flashlight if I could only own one light whch is not an option. i highly recommend the v11r over the m11r. which ever light you choose you will be happy.

Last edited:

d'mo

Enlightened
One more for the V11R. It's my current EDC and the magnetic control ring is so smooth and easy. Much more user friendly than twiddling with buttons or twisting the body. I twisted my Nitecore Defender so many times I wore out the threads between the head and the body. No kidding.

tcr03

Newly Enlightened
I thought about the v11. But the m11 has better regulation and is more efficient. That and I like the looks of it better. I'll be getting the tan one hopefully.

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
Re: sunwayman VIIR looks nice!

One more for the V11R. It's my current EDC and the magnetic control ring is so smooth and easy. Much more user friendly than twiddling with buttons or twisting the body. I twisted my Nitecore Defender so many times I wore out the threads between the head and the body. No kidding.

From what I am reading the VIIR seems like it would be a great replacement for my trusty old DexLight X1 which I just lost. What is the difference between the U2 and the U3 LED?:thinking:

I will miss the click-through features of the DexLight.... but the VIIR seems like it will be a lot brighter that the DX X-1's 150LMs and the magnetic feature seems quite nifty. The VIIR comes in a spiffy CAMO finish... Who has the best price on these?

gradio

Newly Enlightened

For small size I have on my want list the M10R, M11R and have just added the Nitecore RRT-01. I have these three in the running right now. I find it not easy (for me) to decide. But I'm working/thinking on it.

tcr03

Newly Enlightened

OK, so ive had my m11r for months now and the only thing i can complain about is the titanium clip. i hate it. it has no spring tension. is there a clip that will fit in there that better spring tension. it falls out of my pocket all the time.

stevieo

Newly Enlightened

OK, so ive had my m11r for months now and the only thing i can complain about is the titanium clip. i hate it. it has no spring tension. is there a clip that will fit in there that better spring tension. it falls out of my pocket all the time.

you might try a Tec P-7 suspension clip or a P-7 at the end of a short length of paracord. I ditched my m11r clip when I rec'd it. I did not like the tail stand wobble. I rounded out the rough edges, just a touch, on the base where the clip was removed using a dremel. I do not use a clip on my m11r because it fits snugly in the coin pocket of my jeans.