Release Date - February

Saint Headlamp:

MSRP $185
Release Date - Mid-April

Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone noticed that the ARC light has been bumped up to 5000lm? I want one! I hope they include a li-ion battery option.

cuester

Newly Enlightened
I've been lurking os may have missed the answer but is the Ua2 optimus for sure scrapped or is it just put on hold?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I just missing it??? Is there no mention of a 200lm 2x123a light? (and the e2dl is not 200 lumens...I had one...also our fellow cpf'rs intagration spear tests confirm this)

An integration spear sounds like some kind of fantasy weapon, like a vorpal sword, or maybe a space-based capital ship beam weapon. :D

An integrating sphere is a device for measuring lumens.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
AZ2:

MSRP $260
Release Date - April or May

Titan:

MSRP $239
Release Date - February

Saint Headlamp:

MSRP $185
Release Date - Mid-April

Thanks for the link!

Ugh, I wonder what the LX2 and A2L will be like in terms of price. I'll be going with either on of those (or both :grin2:).

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
In response to your criticism, I propose a solution: a DIP switch on the back of the head next to the contact spring. In one position, it's a converter-board light for those who don't have a new tailcap. In the other, it acts as a two-stage light for those so equipped, and always fires at full power for those with a standard tailcap or tape switch. New tape switches will be produced with a small, shielded section that acts through a 10-ohm resistor (sound familiar?) to fire the low beam as a navigation light, replicating some of the function of the dedicated AR forend weapon light.

I really hope you are wrong about this. The converter board setup, as you call it, found in the E1B is one of the worst tactical switch designs I have ever used. Nothing like expecting to get 80 lumens of output to clear a dark corner and only getting 10 lumens. As a non-tactical EDC type light, I think the switch design is great, which is what drives me crazy. First the E1B, then the E2DL and now possibly the M3L get these switches, all of which are primarily billed as tactical lights. I really hope to see an L1 or U2 type switch on the M3L. A converter board switch could be a deal breaker for me.

As an aside, here is one reason I think you may be wrong. Do you think they will put the M3L replacement head on the market knowing it will replace many M500 and other weapon light bezels which currently run incandescent lamps? Operating a M3L head with converter board switching attached to a pressure pad switch would be a nightmare. It would be like putting an E2DL head on a scout light. I believe this is the exact reason Surefire made the KX2C.

Who knows, maybe the M3L complete light will have two levels and the replacement bezels will be one level like the KX2C. I really have no idea.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been lurking os may have missed the answer but is the Ua2 optimus for sure scrapped or is it just put on hold?

The UA2 and UB2 flashlights are still in the development stage and there have been no plans to discontinue them. They were not listed in the 2009 catalog due to space restrictions which were better suited for other new upcoming products. We currently do not have an ETA as to when they will be available. Please check back with the SureFire website for any updates on the availability of UA2 and UB2. You can also sign up to receive new product notifications by email on our website.

Best Regards,

Alex Nunes
Technical Support
SureFire LLC
800-828-8809
www.surefire.com

Make of that what you will...

Regards,
Tempest

gsxrac

Enlightened
Ok so I must be missing something here Ive yet to see an original Titan in person or play with one but for some reason I was picturing the "constantly variable" LED as a light that jumped up a few lumens at a time. NEVER would I have thought that the more you twist the brighter it gets? Is this the same way the jetbeam IBS lights work? I guess I just never thought about it? but after seeing that video I do see a reason for the price to be so high, thats freakin amazing. Is there any other light that works like that, that is slightly more... affordable(even more affordable then the T1A)? I really like it!

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so I must be missing something here Ive yet to see an original Titan in person or play with one but for some reason I was picturing the "constantly variable" LED as a light that jumped up a few lumens at a time. NEVER would I have thought that the more you twist the brighter it gets? Is this the same way the jetbeam IBS lights work? I guess I just never thought about it? but after seeing that video I do see a reason for the price to be so high, thats freakin amazing. Is there any other light that works like that, that is slightly more... affordable(even more affordable then the T1A)? I really like it!

I was under the impression the Surefire saint had the same mechanism as per its description on the review. I could be wrong but if I'm right, the saint minimus would be basically a cheaper and slightly uglier titan attached to a headlamp strap?

@tony,
yes it is 5000lms rated by SF (as per catalog specs which could change).
Honestly, it's not farfetched at all; just look at the polarion ph50.
My only concern would be what kind of battery it runs on. I was turned off by the SF beast until I read they made a rechargeable pack for it; I'm hoping for li-ion but we'll see.

edc3

Enlightened

Pretty damn cool, isn't it? I want one!

I may be wrong, but the only other light I know of that works like that is the Gatlight but it's in the $400 range.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Yep the Saint does have the same system judging by the video! But I cant justify wearing a headlamp everywhere so I need something a little more pocketable :thinking:

rtt

Enlightened
Yep the Saint does have the same system judging by the video! But I cant justify wearing a headlamp everywhere so I need something a little more pocketable :thinking:

LOL...who knows you may start a new trend!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.