Surefire’s 2009 New Lights Discussion - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al,
I'm not positive, but I think the video he is referring to is the Surefire SWAT video, it can be found here http://www.surefire.com/video-channel .

It is.

I was trying not to say it but my thinking was that if they have a working version then it shouldn't be too far. At the same time, if that SWAT team had the light for other reasons, besides marketing in a "SureFire" movie, then it could be operator testing.

Hopefully, they are developing an idea on how to make sure the small leds and largers ones have the same tint.

BTW, I have no patience. I'm trying to make a decision on if I should wait for it or go ahead and get a Z2 with M60. I only have till next April, so I'm hoping it makes it out at the end of 09'.

Size15's

Flashaholic
One would hope that designers of a new "Tactical" Light would field-test a reasonable number of samples/proto-types with the target user groups it is intended for.
Certainly SureFire have a strong history of getting new concepts into the hands of users in the Military & Law Enforcement communities.

It's also reasonable to expect a marketing department to obtain materials for marketing new products.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
still wanna know when M3L comes out

A big +1 on that.

It's nice being able to see the upgraded M3 bezel in Surefire's catalog.... Problem is, I've been doing nothing but seeing it on paper all this time.

When you're as popular as Surefire, you don't put unreleased products into your catalog. Or if you do, put them into a "Future Release" section of the catalog.

Imagine a new flashaholic reading through the '09 catalog for the first time.... To help the poor guy out, you got to tell him to ignore some of the items in the '08 and '09 catalogs.

Seriously, if I did such an unprofessional job as the person in charge of putting out the yearly catalogs, my @$$ would get fired in a heartbeat. :thumbsdow

(Okay, rant over).

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
i wonder if the delay for AZ2 could be due to feedback from the specific users in trial tests, needing tweeks? :shrug:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't found anyone also interested in the AZ2, but if anyone cares..

I got an email saying it's projected release date was late 09 :( They said it was still in development.

It was in a SWAT movie I saw the other day though.

I will for sure be getting the AZ2... More than likely I will get 2 of them. :)

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
It's also reasonable to expect a marketing department to obtain materials for marketing new products.

we know how some companies copy others ideas, the last thing Surefire customers or fans want is another company rolling out a product in SureFire's catalog the previous year with very similiar features & costing much less. :shakehead

well, that's the rant from most mall ninjas. :duck:

release dates be damned, i will see the new lights when i see them at my local dealer. no pre-orders for me.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious to see when the new lights get introduced how many of them get new output ratings.

A good sign i would think of whether or not the lights are close is if the dealers themselves can actually place buy orders from Surefire.

prime77

Enlightened
Looks like another new light is up on the SF website.
G2D_large.jpg

Looks like a new KX3 head on on of the new G2L-FYL bodies. Three output levels 115 / 45 / 15 lumens and a UI similar to the two stage E-Series lights but with a another level. I wonder if they will have the KX3 head available separately some day?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2D_large.jpg

Looks like a new KX3 head on on of the new G2L-FYL bodies. Three output levels 115 / 45 / 15 lumens and a UI similar to the two stage E-Series lights but with a another level. I wonder if they will have the KX3 head available separately some day?

WOW! ...I'm really liking the new look of the KL3's though...wonder if they're doing the same with the KL5??? Well, at least the KL3 now has variable out put...and 41 hours at 15 lumens on the 3 cell light...Nice Find!

Last edited:

steveG

Enlightened
Hmmm, interesting. My dad is a volunteer fireman (close to 25 years)... He's been using the Inova T2 I gave him for Christmas last year and loving it. I've been trying to think of a good replacement... maybe this is it.

gsxrac

Enlightened
2 cell and a 3 cell! Looks like a wonderful glovebox/truck light too. Something that wouldnt be as easily lost if ya dropped it. I Think i'll grab one (or a few) in due time. Still rather see an invictus :mecry:Or an A2L or an AZ2. But hey we can complain but so much. Theyve released 3 new lights now that werent even mentioned at SHOT or in the catalogs. Plus weve already gotten a T1A and an LX2 out of em!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
They've released 3 new lights now that weren't even mentioned at SHOT or in the catalogs.

Yeah, that's great... We're getting lights from Surefire we never knew about, but still waiting for them to release most of the models mentioned back at the start of 2008. :shakehead

Still, that new KX3 head looks somewhat similar to the design of the head slated for the M3L. Hopefully this means that that light will be out before PK's grand-children start releasing their designs for Surefire lights.

gsxrac

Enlightened
OMG Miniature PK's? Can the world handle it? I know my wallet cant if they follow in their grandfathers footsteps :paypal:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2D_large.jpg

I'll take one in HA Natural to compliment my C2.

Status
Not open for further replies.