• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire Deep Turbo C Head

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
FOCUSING with that reflector

... just remember:
as fivemega typed, that reflector was originally not meant for led dropins and thus does not focus as extreme as with the incan bulb it was made for,
but by focusing the insert - putting it back as far as you wish - that is immediately solved.

From a complete wall of light to a
wall of light from the spill light going directly out front plus a really focused beam

I took the easy way: got a battery spring that I had lying around here and cut a ring from it to put between reflector and insert. The battery holding light body, pressing the insert in, still makes good thermal contact, so no problems arising from here

d2f2iwakkcjtvk8fe.jpg

tmx009

Newly Enlightened
PP sent for
#58 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 Shipping, $14 4% PP fee, $4.12 Total, $107.12

thanks!

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone clarify if this will work on a Surefire Z2 with customlites led p60 drop in? I know ot was designed for incan bulbs but it appears it might work with led drop ins too.

Thanks!

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone clarify if this will work on a Surefire Z2 with customlites led p60 drop in? I know ot was designed for incan bulbs but it appears it might work with led drop ins too.

Thanks!

It was designed around FM Sunlight drop ins actually. With Surefire Pxxx drop ins won't be the best option. Many of them have some gaps where this head joins the body and drop in. On the other hand nailbender drop in have much better tolerance inside this head and works ok for me.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
It throws perfect as it should and looks great but the head won't seat all the way down to the body leaving 1-2mm gap and diameter of opening, where head meets drop in is different than P60,90... Aesthetics[emoji41]
But if you go up TTT you will see FM comments about it.
Other then that works perfect!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding fitment issues, I have a Kaidomain 7.4v xenon P60-type drop-in which fits fine in this turbohead, which is screwed onto a SF 12zm body running on 2x16650 protected cells.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello 5mega,

I'd like #61 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 (AVAILABLE). 61 is my birth year! I can wait until someone picks up #60.

Thanks

kelmo