Surefire E series lamp options

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Out of rebirthing the life out of an old incan Surefire E2D, I found that the lamp module is blue. To my surprise and out of my research, this lamp produces 25 lumens for 2.5 hours. I also saw that there is another lamp that is 60 lumens for one hour. Does anyone have a lamp list for the E series lights? I am just curious if Surefire made multiple lamps for these old incan lights. Any classic collectors to provide some information?

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
That blue one was for the e2e outdoormen. The 60 lumen was used for the standard e2e there interchangeably. Then they made a 15 Lumen for the e2e. thats all I think was made.
Makes me wonder if the previous owner preferred the lower lumens for the longer run time?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's possible. 25 Lumens is still pretty bright out of an incandescent. I played around a little while ago with the 25 lumen and 60 lumen and honestly they were a lot closer in output looking then I would have thought. problem is them 25 lumen bulbs are rare as hens teeth.When you find one they're upwards of 30-40 bucks.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Hang on to that MN02 25 lumen bulb, they are often hard to find and expensive, but man they are nice to use. I've been out hiking with the dog in the deep dark woods and it was the perfect amount of light and lasts a good while for an incan. With fresh cells they're around 40 lumens.

I've got one MN02 in my E2O and hopefully it won't burn out anytime soon since I don't have spares yet. The lumens factory bulbs are quite good too, especially the EO-E1R 90 lumen that runs on a 3.7v. It's slightly less bright than an MN03, but you have free lumens with rechargeables until the bulb fries.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Makes me wonder if the previous owner preferred the lower lumens for the longer run time?
Sadly if that bulb was very recently replaced, it could just mean the previous owner couldn't find the proper bulb for his E2D. But did find one for the E-series Outdoorsman. Might have decided to get it and use it because a 25 lumens bulb that fits his E2D is better than no bulb at all.

scout24

Flashaholic
Up at the top of the Incandescent Flashlights subforum here is a locked thread from Unforgiven titled Incandescent Forum-Threads of interest. If you click on that and scroll down a bit, you'll see an E2e compendium thread, pictured below. There is a plethora of bulb and battery combination advice, testing, and information there including Outdoors Fanatic's guide to rechargable options for the E2e. Fantastic reading. A bunch of the rechargable info is centered around the 17670 cell, but applies closely enough to today's 16650's without fitment worries. HO-E1R from Lumensfactory with a 16650 is the absolute sweet spot of output, runtime, beam shape, color temp, and availability. Credit where due, Outdoors Fanatic's post is where I first learned of the benefits of that combo. Enjoy reading. 👍

Screenshot_20231124_051441_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for that! Going to order a new lamp for my E2e, that with the mini mag is one of my favorite combos that put a smile on my face. A lot of nostalgia with those.