• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire E-Series MicroTower (E-MT) LED drop in - Part II

donn_

Flashaholic
Koala,

I have removed myself from the order list on the CLF forum.

Four months of waiting is enough, and I've gotten quite a few in the aftermarket.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
donn_ - Thank you for your patient, sorry about the delay.
I am glad I didn't take anyone's money in advance,
I don't know how to manage my time well enough and I am very slow.
I have to work during the day and there are other chores to do when I get home.

I took many dayoffs from work to build the towers last few months.
Now, I couldn't do so anymore. I can't risk my job for this.

You did a good job hunting.

Last edited:

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Hi Koala,

I understand that you're snowed but I just wanted to clarify whether you're planning on making any more towers? If you are I'm in for an F2.

Cheers

Dave

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I have got 15 F1s and 14 F2s. Some done, some still building. Uncertainty because they are all over the place, some in yclo's place some with me. But the number should be correct if not more. I plan to finish and let them out at one go.

I've also set aside 10 towers for FMs. I'm having a hard time fitting everything into the tower, should be fine I guess.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Koala - i hope you have more F1 and F2 Towers so we all who have been waiting get a chance. It doesn't look like much more to go...

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Howdy.

I am coming to this thread late, but I figure there's no harm asking:

Are all the F1's spoken for?

If not, please let me know. I would love to have one of these.

Thanx.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all,

Please check first page, 4th post. Some people may pass when the time come for the towers to go, so it will go to the next one the list.

If there's enough demand, we'll place order for another batch of bare aluminium towers from the shop. They are made locally so it won't take too long.

Koala - i hope you have more F1 and F2 Towers so we all who have been waiting get a chance. It doesn't look like much more to go...

Your like 3rd tower on the list but you're kind for speaking for the others. Unfortunately we can't stock these items because we grow old too. I couldn't build them fast enough and there are a lot more exciting projects pending in the line.

Last edited:

hfdq38g

Newly Enlightened
Please remove my name from the list (#009-hfdq38g) as I have decided to go another route. I do appreciate all of the work you have done. Thank you

kavvika

Enlightened
I received my E-MT F1 #016, secondhand, on Friday, and I love it. A real marvel of micro engineering. If you're on the fence, or just haven't signed up yet, do it now! I was a little worried about the reports of "it's all flood" and "no throw" until I tried it out myself. The module is far smaller than I expected and didn't expect all that much out of it. But turn it on, and it's like daylight. Point the light in a different direction to check something out, and the spill is still in front of you. Why do we expect a 1-cell light to throw 100 yards (P1D)? Spill is soo much more useful. The spill is a nice neutral white and the spot is neutral-warm, and the color rendition is great. The spot is incredibility useful from 10-20 yards, but can still light up something around 40 yards away in the dark. This is not a light to use when there is ambient light, and the module will make your E-series a tool, not a toy. The only light I can compare it to is my L0D-CE. Picture the L0D spot 15% smaller and the intensity increased that amount. Now double the area of the spill. And that's on a primary. Using a rechargeable Li-Ion will increase output by 50%. When using it outdoors, you'll forget it's actually night until you turn the light off. You have to use it to really appreciate it.

openbolt1

Enlightened
Ok, I'm in after thinking this through for a few weeks plus...I need one E-MT F1. Please PM me and let me know what to do regarding payment, standing in line ect.. I bought the last 18500 tube you had and now I need more power!

Thanks,

openbolt1

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all,

The taking forever Eseries MicroTower are nearly done, it has been a long time since the last batch. I still have to do burn-in to minimize reliability issues. People next in line should receive payment instructions in a few days time.

If you wish to pass and let someone next on the list to take your spot please let me know soon.

There is still 5 or 6 pcs of bare towers after this batch. We may keep one or two for spares. In addition, 10 pcs are shelved for E-MT FM.

I will be making the A2 rings after this. So it will take quite a while for the FM to be done. I am having trouble fitting all the parts into the tower. Trying to look for smaller parts without sacrificing efficiency. The E-MT FM will be late and it will not be vapor.

Kavvika :wave: - Thank you posting your experience with the tower. I hope it serves you well for the time to come. #016 is one of the first batch of towers made.

Vince.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a F1 (#065) from Frisco. It came with a minty fresh E1e carrying case. I put my module in my beater E1e. Like Kavvika said, not a good light when there is alot of background light. But when its dark, oh-man this things a beaut! The hotspot on mine is a tad on the green side but the wall-o-spill is nice and white. My light has a MN01 LA hotspot and a KL4's spill. It is my favorite pocket light. I sold my NovaTac 85P because this is what I want in my pocket. Hows that for an endorcement?!

kelmo

Last edited:

sc_barker

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to do this but can i cancel my order for the F2 (#046 sc_barker - F2)

Thanks

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many towers done, PMs sent, shipping on Monday! :kiss:

15eafrt.jpg

brightspot

Newly Enlightened
Hi Koala
I still love my F2. But so as not to be greedy I will give up my spot for someone else to get there first. Thanks and good luck with all your projects.