Surefire EDCL2-T

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a edcl2-t today and I'm really not all that impressed. It does feel great in the hand, better than a 6P for sure. It is thin but that matters little as far as pouches go because of the lanyard ring tailcap. It is too long for my universal flashlight pouches. It should have a clicky tailcap because it is 2024 most don't like dialing for constant on.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a edcl2-t today and I'm really not all that impressed. It does feel great in the hand, better than a 6P for sure. It is thin but that matters little as far as pouches go because of the lanyard ring tailcap. It is too long for my universal flashlight pouches. It should have a clicky tailcap because it is 2024 most don't like dialing for constant on.

It is based off the L2, and L1, which is why it has the "gas pedal" tailcap

The "gas pedal" tailcap, IMHO, is the finest tailcap SureFire has ever made

If it had a "clicky" tailcap, I would have no use for it (or the EDCL1-T)

But I guess that's just me

Whistler24

Newly Enlightened
I will agree, the gas pedal switch is still one of my favorite flashlight UI's; starts on low with instant access to high if needed, I carry the edc1lt and love it. Maybe try out the new edc2-dft, it has that clicky tailcap you want and a bit more usable low mode IMO, not to mention vastly better runtimes with the 18650.

lastly, you can remove that lanyard off of the light, just unscrew the top piece and you should be able to pull it out if fitment in the pouch is a problem because of it. If length is an issue the single cell 1lt might be up your alley aswell.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I pre-ordered one and when it arrived I couldn't wait to try it. After about 2 minutes constant on I felt like I was holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled. It got way to hot for me. Not the light, as that's no biggy but the SureFire batteries were hot.

Uh, no thank you.

Wdr270

Newly Enlightened
I've had one for five years or so and no issues though I've never pulled the batteries after using unless they were drained. I bought a second one with the Tactican style tail cap last year and carry it frequently. They're pretty much my go to when I go to places I really don't want to be after dark.

Last edited:

alnl1996

Newly Enlightened
I don't own the 2 cell version however i did order the 1 cell version a few years back. I'm going to say at least 4-5 years ago, I had to return it because the LED was green. I'm not picky but that greenish tint looked awful.
I wonder if the newer ones have a better tint.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDCL1-T and my EDCL2-t work perfectly. Thin enough to carry without anyone noticing. I am liking the coming 18650 versions of them. Only spoiler is that I already own the entire SF Fury line. Yes the ones with the proximity sensor. They were VERY expensive. But in the end worth every penny. Gonaa half to sit back and watch the coming reviews of the new 18650 versions before I start throwing money away lol...

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
I liked my EDCL1-T but the gas cap tailcap didn't play nice with Malkoff heads. Gave it to my boss and got an MDC HA 1CR123 with an unshrouded barrel hat clip and Neutral high Cri head for my pocket fix
IMG_0717.jpeg