Surefire MODs

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!!
You nailed it again[emoji1690][emoji1690]

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks! Well I learned that SF created the neck of the head a smaller diameter than the old U2 so boring the body of the UM2 is useless because the 18650 won't fit inside the head, and it doesn't have enough material to bore it out. Geez! 17650s work though.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey Nitroz. Are you still offering emitter swaps on U2? I picked up a used one here recently. I love the flashlight size and UI and the beam pattern for night walks. Perfect for use with gloves on too. But the original SSC P4, while lovely in beam, is quite cool in tint for use in the woods. I don't need huge output but something with a nice tint and high CRI like maybe a Nichia or Luminus would make this light amazing. Are there viable options for the U2?

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire U2 4oook Osram Square

This is the first time I have used the Osram square in the U2 and it turned out very nice!

eUI7EDcP4iFnDZlyquR2eLE8hQ=w528-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

UDVt5hULm8WDsJgm4-L58dYBNQ=w528-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

qg_VgR7C12xkzPui7n789ZRFg=w1666-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

BR8TAD3YJyyKo6Sj8GSvrkpnw=w1666-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

VZScorpion

Newly Enlightened
Hi Nitroz,

Will you be able to help me mod my Z46 head and KL2 Head turn into a triple or quad multireflector setup? Or a bigger size quad optic
Ledil Angie-M C12286 Medium Beam with a dimameter of 34mm. Or the bigger Ledil Cute Triple Led Lens with a diameter of 35mm?

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey Nitroz. Are you still offering emitter swaps on U2? I picked up a used one here recently. I love the flashlight size and UI and the beam pattern for night walks. Perfect for use with gloves on too. But the original SSC P4, while lovely in beam, is quite cool in tint for use in the woods. I don't need huge output but something with a nice tint and high CRI like maybe a Nichia or Luminus would make this light amazing. Are there viable options for the U2?

Surefire U2 4oook Osram Square

This is the first time I have used the Osram square in the U2 and it turned out very nice!

Whoops! I kinda forgot that I had posted here! But now that it is cooling off I am thinking about some snowy night hikes in the future and this project came back to mind. I am not familiar with that particular emitter. Do you have any specs on the one you are using? Is that the only emitter you are currently using for the U2 or do you think it is the best one currently available for a swap in this light? Curious on your thoughts and perhaps getting this light to you if you are interested. Thanks!