Surefire Saint headlamp? (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire Saint headlamp?

thx for posting beamshots, guys. :thumbsup: i'm passing on minimus, but this gives us a good idea of what to expect from saint as well (go, go, go, surefire...).

dcycleman

Enlightened

Read something interesting on page 4 of the user manual. Top of page under available accessories. It states:

The following replacement accessories are available from Surefire for the Minimus.

Replacement headband
Breathe-O-pads
Surefire 123A lithium batteries
Optional battery pack (upgrades your Minimus to a longer-running Saint.

Interesting. It seems you will be able to up grade the Minimus to a Saint. I wonder what the price will be for the battery pack.:thinking:
thats cool, if I cant wait any longer, I'll just buy the minimus and get the battery pack later.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

thats cool, if I cant wait any longer, I'll just buy the minimus and get the battery pack later.

Thats what I did...:laughing:

While the extra runtime is nice, I have no problem changing out cells as needed and keeping a few extra 123's available.

Now hopefully it gets here before this weekend.:popcorn::popcorn:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Will someone try to stuff an RCR123 in their Minimus and see if it works? :D
I know SF isn't always Li-Ion friendly, but who knows!
:thumbsup: john

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast

What is the brightness and runtime like on a AA baterry

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, you guys have me really close to ordering a Saint Minimus. :laughing:

With the headband removed, will it rest on its backside stable enough to use it to illuminate an area? In addition, can it swivel a full 180 degrees? Basically, if it is resting on a table with the headband removed, can you aim the beam 90-degrees from the table?

Thanks,
Robert

Last edited:

prime77

Enlightened

Man, you guys have me really close to ordering a Saint Minimum. :laughing:

With the headband removed, will it rest on its backside stable enough to use it to illuminate an area? In addition, can it swivel a full 180 degrees? Basically, if it is resting on a table with the headband removed, can you aim the beam 90-degrees from the table?

Thanks,
Robert

The light housing rotates all the way around inside the brakets. So you could take the headband off and rotate it 90 degrees and aim it at something.

I went on a long walk down some dirt roads lastnight with just my Minimus and LX2 and had all my bases covered for lighting needs. Any output flood and a great low and high spot beam.

prime77

Enlightened

Here are some more shots of the Minimus.

002-6.jpg

014-7.jpg

025-8.jpg

031-8.jpg

The battery tube has double o-ring seal. The threads aren't has thick has on E-series lights.

041-7.jpg

049-3.jpg

bray

Newly Enlightened

has anyone compared one against a zebralight yet? I am on the fence!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

Right now I have no money but want a Saint. Guessing would use 2XAA Duraloops and 1xCR123 when used without the battery pack. I like the tint and hope they picked better LEDs for this light as an on going thing. Would sure hate to get angry blue for a headlamp when in the future.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

I'd say it has to be fine with RCR123. Well unless the battery pack it's self cut's the power down before it reaches the light.

If I had one I'd try it without any fear but I don't have one. :oops:

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thought id add in another two things. First i didn't realize that with the SOS that you you can have the SOS in any brightest setting either full power or low. The second thing is slightly annoying for me since the beam on this is close to the shape of a rectangular around the four corners are these lines. I have a photo to show them up close but depending on what position the light is on your head they are either in front of you on your sides or if its tilted towards you is on your shoulders. Its just glare from the circle rings in the lense. Most of the time when i don't think about it i don't see it.

1q4lte.jpg

P.S. i do have a zebralight H30, will try to get pics tommorrow

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm getting very restless...

:crazy:

LOL, yeah, you and me both! I might just order one today...

To those who have received one, has anyone gotten one with a "bad" tint (i.e. overly blue or green)?

BTW, thanks for the additional pics prime77! :twothumbs

-Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.