Surefire Stiletto Pro

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of dealers on Amazon now have a gray and black variant of the Stilleto Pro listed for sale. I don't see it on the SureFire website.

Will orange, yellow or camo appear as with some earlier SF polymer lights?

Midavis

Newly Enlightened
In peoples experience with the Stiletto pro does the beam have more of a hot spot compared to the regular Stiletto?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. It should because if it isn't on surefire site and it is on amazon it is more than likely not a real surefire.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway, the pictures appear to me to be legit SF product photos. Several vendors (who might all be the same guy living in his parents' basement in pajama pants ;)) offer the gray and black Stiletto Pro.

You can Google the UPC: 084871329521

archimedes

Flashaholic
I am not familiar enough with the latest SF products to know for certain, with that particular item.

But, speaking more generally, I have had a number of negative experiences with similar types of situations in the past.

Please let us know if it turns out to be authentic, or not.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please let us know if it turns out to be authentic, or not.

I'm curious also. I need to get rid of SureFires, not buy them these days. Still, in the interest of science maybe... ;)

I had similar skepticism about early listings of the SureFire UM2. That light turned out to be the real deal but apparently cancelled early in the production run. I bought a couple at a good price. :paypal:

As I observed about the UM2:

Yep, I was sorely tempted but I swore (again
;)
) not to be the first to buy a new light this time.

Reminds me of listening to my colleagues in a holding pattern while a slippery runway was being treated and deiced after a report of 'braking action poor to nil'. The approach controller asked the next plane in the landing sequence if he wanted to be the first to land on the runway now that it was open again. He said, nossir, we'd like to be second.
:)

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Hoping it gets confirmed its legit. I like the looks of it, makes the buttons pop, might be a little easier to use.

kolchak

Newly Enlightened
I was at an authorized SureFire retailer here in LA couple weeks ago - an essential service store - and the owner said his distributor had the grey available so I think they're real.

I love the flounderesque design and the outputs are good for the size but the battery life on this kills it for me. Its an integrated battery too which means no chance to swap out.

edit: Swap in a fresh battery on the go is what I mean.

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I don't think the Pro offers much advantage over the standard Stiletto. Especially with the non-replaceable battery, it makes a lot more sense to go with a more disposable material like plastic. The Pro bumps up the output (which is already more than sufficient on the standard Stiletto) at the expense of runtime and nearly 3x the cost. Plastic is also actually better for gripping in inclement conditions.

It's a stellar, unique design, don't get me wrong. I just think they could have gone about the Pro better such as with more programmability. Hell, there's two switches, they could have done so much with that. Just my honest thoughts.