Sydney, Australia....Flashaholics Rollcall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delvance

Enlightened
I should be fine for the 4th of May. Hrmm, i only have a Canon PS A85 and tripod. Will we need a camera though ? We'll have to see how many powerful lights will be there :)

Protaeus

Enlightened
I've got a mate with a digital SLR and a tripod. He also has a sony handycam... I'll see if I can get him to come along :) He's pretty impressed with my flashlights at the moment (you should have seen him with my M4 :))

So is everybody good with May 4th?

missionaryman

Enlightened
i think you can make street lights go out by shining a bright light on it for a while - that might help us on the night, just hope we don't get mugged in Hurstville..

Delvance

Enlightened
missionaryman said:
i think you can make street lights go out by shining a bright light on it for a while - that might help us on the night, just hope we don't get mugged in Hurstville..

:laughing: the park is not actually hurstville, but one suburb away. It's an "upper" area...plus i doubt people are going to approach a bunch of us wielding big torches with output of hundreds and hundreds of lumens lol.

I'll drive down sometime this week just to make sure it'll be totally suitable for mucking around with our torches, will report back here.

dangerman

Newly Enlightened
I'm living in the inner west of Sydney in Leichhardt.

I like that idea of a meeting and I especially like the idea of having local group buys.

Must say that I'm really amazed how many Australians are on the forum. I certainly only expected 3 or 4 in Sydney.

Haz

Enlightened
missionaryman said:

From a dark area of the park, with so many dazzling lights, the potential muggers may think it's the 'Close encounter of the third kind'.

Orbit

Enlightened
yeah all good thought i had an old calander on teh wall for a minute.

Counts me out for this one unfortunatley. So i guess i'll just have to make more of an effort for the next one.

Orbit

Enlightened
as i was saying to dev, this time of year is pretty crap for me.

I think the way to do it is just do you may 4th and i'll get another one going in june/july, when i've got some free weekends.

You guys will have sussed out some decent spots by then to lol.

ORB>

bajaiman

Enlightened
Late addition here as I'm not as active as I was used to. Most of my prized lights have been sold but I still have a few of them left.

I'm in if there is a meet. 4th May sounds good to me.

rufusdufus

Newly Enlightened
Cant make it for may 4th.

Hope to attend next one.

Are we going to do a group buy on the 3152 thread "illuminator"?
As previously mentioned they should be able to remove batteries to reduce weight,repackage to save postage.
I would probably get three or four if we can get them here cheaply.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Hi all

May 4 is OK with me but should we reconsider a date that gets maximum roll-up?

Whatever you decide is fine.
Thanks. Oh, BTW what is the 3152 illuminator to which you refer RufusDufus?

Last edited:

ICUDoc

Enlightened
OOPS

Found the 3152 thread- looks like a cool torch- what do you think the price to Australia will be?
I see Jaycar now sells the 12v 7Ah batteries for 20 bucks- you could buy 2!!

AngelEyes

Newly Enlightened
I dont live in Oz, but i was just recently in Sydney (and Melbourne) over the week preceding Easter (2006) and i was putting up at Chatswood when i was in Sydney for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.