Sydney, Australia....Flashaholics Rollcall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protaeus

Enlightened
Hey guys,
its getting close to the date so I should probably get some details nailed down properly.

So currently the meet shall be scheduled for Thursday May 4th which is this coming thursday.

I finish uni at 5ish that day so I will probably be able to get home, changed and back out by about 7ish.

So how bout we make it about 7:30? just to be safe.

Is that ok with everyone?

So, the summary is:

Thursday May 4th
Carrs park, Hurstville
7:30PM
Bring torches etc.

Last edited:

missionaryman

Enlightened
Ok guys if this is the Carss Park we are talking about:

CarssPark.jpg

Then which one of these streets/carparks do we want to meet at:

CarssMap.jpg

Thanks.

Delvance

Enlightened
Ok i knew the park was big but seeing a birds eye view of it...hot damn it's big =/. If you look at the 2nd map pic post (above) by Missionaryman, where it says "Carss Park", you will see a road running through the middle of the text...that road is "carwar avenue". If you drive along that avenue, you will reach the carpark for the place. Ironically, the car park lot is pretty small.

The big green area you see on the map are the fields. Bottom left corner, you'll see a line of dark green trees in a "U" shape...all those trees and everything underneath it is also part of the park.

Haz

Enlightened
Please count me in as well...

If we cannot find each other, we can blink or strobe our lights around the park, and locate each other.

Orbit

Enlightened
hey dude....that parks' not long enough to demonstrate the range of my lights.....:grin2: i need at least 2 ks of flat terrain....:candle:

rgbphil

Enlightened
Hi All,

Looking forward to a bit of LED fetish free expression (eerk) on Thursday night. Hurstville is a bit of an expedition for someone coming from the northern beaches.....I'll probably be the one with pith helmet and porters arriving on an elephant wearing a bandolier stuffed with torches. Nothing better than getting pithed on a Thursday night!

Serious question, I'd like to demo some stuff from my site www.rgbsunset.com maybe even make a sale out the back of the boot if you have some cash on you. I've got a little inverter+battery do plug in mains operated stuff. Should last for an hour or so before running out of juice.

Any major objections if I flog some RGBSPCHIP5 chips and some RGBSPVista5 boards...special gathering discount for the RGBSPVista5 boards, I'll let them go for $90.

Phil

Delvance

Enlightened
No objections here, although i'm not sure exactly what they are...but heck, i'll see them on thursday night :grin2:

So who's bringing what lights ? I'll probably bring my favourites...

Delvance

Enlightened
dangerman said:
I'm bringing an A2, L1p and Arc AAA P.

Are we going to have some dinner as well that night?

Well, at the other end of carwar ave. is a really good pizza place. One of the best locally, so we can all eat there afterwards ? They are open till late.

Ahh nice Dangerman and Missionaryman.

I've never seen an Arc AAA in life, must see why it was/still is such a popluar light.

Would like to see the output of that 2C ROP too...*sigh* it'll probably just tempt me into building one bah.

Orbit

Enlightened
PIZZA!!!!!! nobody mentions pizza....

no i'll have to see if i can come.
put me in as a maybe....if i show up i'll be there

Protaeus

Enlightened
yeah, Im sure we can grab pizza if enough people want to.

Incidently, I will be bringing an m4, an E2L, an L0P and some glowrings + plentyof cells. Non-flashlike wise, I will be bringing a friend, who will bring a camera, tripod and camcorder:)

I recently traded my A2 for a U2, but I dont think that will arrive by tomorrow.

Hope to see you all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.