T6?

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened
"T6 as in led bin or t6 as in flashlight?"
Does it matter? A lot of lights say they are a T6, countless of them. So no one knows what it means?

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
"T6 as in led bin or t6 as in flashlight?"
Does it matter? A lot of lights say they are a T6, countless of them. So no one knows what it means?

Yes, it matters. The T6 is a Jetbeam flashlight model number and a bin code for led efficiency. Those two are completely unrelated.

As I understand it, T6 is the highest bin for XML emitters, but in XML2 there is U2,3 and 4. U4 is about 20% more efficient than T6. There is no T10 or 16 etc. a T6 binned led is probably older if authentic or possibly a fake Cree copy from a Chinese manufacturer. Check Cree.com.

Just a friendly piece of advice RoyWalker, if your question gets questions not answers, you should conclude that there is something wrong with your information, not the knowledge of those who ask ( all of whom in this post know much more than me, by the way). I encourage you to learn from them as I do. [emoji106]

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure you're right.
T6 seems to be some catch all code word also. UniqueFire (some knockoff?) , AceBeam, OsRam, just to name a few, all put this in their ads. One is a T20 yet also throws the T6 in their ad along with T20. AceBeam also has T20, T25, ...
It must just be the bin code as you suggested.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam is a good example. T20 and T25 are model numbers. The T20 uses a T6 XPL (HI) emitter from memory. Rather than being arbitrary, these all tell us something. But we need to be familiar with the nomenclature before we dismiss it or apply a model # to an emitter bin.

T6 is certainly a catch all for Chinese knock offs, but good Chinese manufacturers like Acebeam and Nitecore would include "T6" bin if that's what they are actually using. Regardless, I wouldn't buy any light with T6 LEDs anymore if you want the latest design.