TA30 Beamshots/mini review

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
Well, I received my TA30 about a week ago, and I'm in love. It's very sturdy in your hand, but not too large, the weight is distributed very well, and the thing is built like a tank! The walls of this flashlight are even thicker than the surefires that I own. I know a lot of people have written reviews about how the TA30 performs, but it really is a throw monster, and I've got the shots to prove it.

Hope you find this somewhat informative, and enjoy the beamshots!

The Lineup

I'd like to apologize for the trampoline being out of focus, but I didn't notice till I was done somehow.
The first set of shots were taken at about 40 yards with 4'' shutter and F4.8

TA30 Low

TA30 Med

TA30 High

P3D Low

P3D Med

P3D High

P3D Turbo

Mag 85

ROP

EO-9 17500's

EO-9 18500's SMO Reflector

G2

This second set of shots was taken at about 130 yards with 8'' shutter and F4.8
TA30 low

TA30 Med

TA30 High

P3D High

P3D Turbo

Mag85

ROP

EO-9 17500's

EO-9 18500's SMO

G2

As you can see, the TA30 has a nice narrow hotspot, and will throw a beam very far. To my eyes it lights up the trampoline in the first set of pictures just as well as the EO-9's and is only outclassed by the ROP because of the side spill. In terms of throw, the TA30 easily beats the ROP, but is still out classed by the Mag85. In my opinion the TA30 has very under rated lumens values, and I can't wait till someone can give us some good readings.

I would also like to comment on the G2, the throw really surprised me! You can still see it quite clearly in the 130 yard shots!