• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

JKolmo

Enlightened
I just picked up a use Haiku with the Tana engine (and a lovely 219c). I'm at a complete loss as to how to program this thing. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere? Or am I just dumb?

9436400ac67571744c4a168b6db6f888.jpg

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a use Haiku with the Tana engine (and a lovely 219c). I'm at a complete loss as to how to program this thing. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere? Or am I just dumb?

It's most likely SuperLE with H17F driver (you can see H17F or H17Fx on the back of the driver of the module)... the only page with detailed info on H17F right now is MTN Electronics webpage, Doc's webpage is down for years...

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=659

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tana,

Which LED option would get me to the 1000 lumen range ?
My Haiku is currently sporting an Osram pill from Don.

Thanks!

SuperLE with XPL HI V3 flux bin and of course H17F, on high (3Amp) it would give around 1000 lumens... now, compared to that Osram it will have much less throw, bigger hotspot and better spill (if it's Osram Flat White, I presume it is)... on "afterburner" which most call "turbo" modes it would give out even more output but pull much more current and honestly, not enough output difference to see big increase in power (especially if you take current being pulled in consideration)...

That Osram Flat White is not pushed hard in stock setups, that LED could also increase both output/throw when combined with H17F (3Amp for high mode) but would need a new copper MCPCB, and different pill (SuperLE pill)... the thing with Flat Whites I can only get ones with 6000K temp and I believe Don has neutral white which is much nicer tint (although who wants throw don't care much for tint, in most cases)...

autumncrown

Newly Enlightened
Hi, just wondering these or other LEs/drivers compatible with the haiku have a voltage reading ability to check battery life? Also if there are any additional emitter choices available, including for an additional cost. Would love to put something like the 219B 3500k in a haiku.
Edit: tana answered my email. 219B can't handle full current except in triple. And yes the driver has voltage check.

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, just wondering these or other LEs/drivers compatible with the haiku have a voltage reading ability to check battery life? Also if there are any additional emitter choices available, including for an additional cost. Would love to put something like the 219B 3500k in a haiku.
Edit: tana answered my email. 219B can't handle full current except in triple. And yes the driver has voltage check.

I don't check CPF daily so sorry for delay in replies... but yeah, 219B is not a great choice for SuperLE (based on H17F driver)... but it's possible to build a module with my Tana3 firmware and 1.5Amp to 219B in which case it would give 400 lumens, all those mode groups listed and best LED in business for EDC light...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the SF front row towers setup for z46 heads?

Hi Cri?
The mid sized ones with big outer spring are for Z46 heads, more precise, M3 flashlight and to be used with 16650 cell + spacer with multimode programmable driver (Tana3 firmware)... they can be HiCRI, of course...
Same for biggest one, it's for M3T with M6 head, same cell setup and driver/firmware...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Tana - Are you still making P60 dropins?
Of course...

Everything from below thread is still possible to order... it's just that CPF went thru some changes and I never looked deeper into it, only saw what all my old threads are closed except for this one... but old threads are all "active" for me...

I can't edit those old threads so prices might be different in some cases but info on modules, looks, beamshots, all there...

Jfowler

Newly Enlightened
Can one do an LED swap on the superLE or is the board glued in place?

The MCPCB is glued in place.

I did the swap once, but I trashed the whole light engine, and had to rebuild with a new driver and MCPCB. It took some pretty good heat to release the epoxy on the MCPCB.

My advice - leave it as built by Tana.

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good Morning Tana, how are you?

Do you still do emitter swaps? Would you do it on an Elzetta AVS head. I'd prefer a Nichia Hi CRI ~4000K to the cool white that's in there now.