Tell Us What Do You Use Your HeadLamp For?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Used my SF headlamp being dropped off a UH1 Huey a photo job in pitch dark no LZ, I had to jump, wait for daylight Finished, and they picked me up at a pre arranged LZ hours and miles later. I'm too old for this junk!

My red McGizmo SunDrop was a big help along with the red addition to the SF headlamp. This is the type of work I had the red McGiz Sun Drop and Red Haiku specially made for.

Head lamp did a good job for me.

ycwflash10

Newly Enlightened
saw many powerful headlamps discussing here in CPF. For me,200 lumens is enough for all my usual stuff.

Scott43

Newly Enlightened
I use my foxelli mx500 mainly for early morning runs. Really love it..
Its lightweight and rechargeable.. battery life is outstanding :caution:

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Daily.
-morning, my H32F on 0.06 to not wake the wife
-any crafting or handywork around the house, my H602 is wonderful.
-running, a H502w strapped onto the back of each hand for seeing the trail. No bouncing light! I carry a SC52w in my hand also.
-biking, a H600F on my handlebar with a Twofish block, and a H600 on my helmet with the original silicone holder and some velcro.
-hiking, a H52Fw on my belt, allows me to use hiking poles and get good contrast on the trail.
-biking to work, a H502r on the back of my helmet in blink (4Hz) mode. Up higher to stand out from all the other waist height lights.
-backpacking, the H32F allows me to use spent batteries from my steripen

Steve

JLB

Newly Enlightened
I hike and hunt in bear country. I have two ZebraLights. I love how they light up the trail at night. My hunting and hiking companions are amazed at the light mine give off. One has a cheap (Gerber?) headlamp and the other uses a Maglite flashlight. I always carry a couple of recharged 18650's with me.

smashup

Newly Enlightened
When riding at night, I take my headlamp with me all the time, it's safer and more convenient.
What's more, when I need to fix something and need my hands free, headlamp will definitely help a lot.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here! So far I haven't needed it luckily, but one day I'm sure I will.

plasma327

Newly Enlightened
I have an older version stremlight and use it for night time woods walking during coone hunting, checking traps. Just fiddling around the yard at night.

cashflo

Newly Enlightened
I use my Zebra H602 for anytime i need light under 4 feet away.
Use it alot working on vehicles. No hot spot that will blind you working within 2 feet.
Also used it when I was replacing my roof. I was always working well past dark. Especially useful when had roof decking off to install bathroom fart fans. That is until a thunderstorm came 2 days early and dumped 2 inchs of rain in the house.

The strobe function might have come in handy when someone is tailgating with their brights on.:devil:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point a better question would be what do I not use the headlamp for. Working on my bike, working on cars, camping, power outages, fixing stuff around the house, etc. are just a few of the things I've used it for.

Leslie

Newly Enlightened
Im using my Foxelli MX500 rechargeable headlamp on my evening runs and hiking trips :twothumbs

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My headlamp was perfect this weekend on a camping trip. We used it as the main source of light to make spaghetti with homemade meat sauce and to eat and clean up afterward. Of course it made navigation over some rocks easy as well as putting things away before bed.

YJGUY

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Nitecore HC30 a few weeks ago and have used it while repairing my ATV. Its more than bright enough for that kind of work and I think it will come in handy on dark nights in the winter. Really happy with the purchase.

theafterlife

Newly Enlightened
I use my Fenix daily for taking the dog out in the morning and night. Allows me to spot the bunnies in the grass for added fun.

Outside of that mostly the standard hunting/camping/fishing/hiking applications.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix HL55

All work or play after dark that requires two hands or use of hands.

patrik-b

Newly Enlightened
I use my Nitecore HC50 when hiking and finding stuff in the garden at night :). Also just got a HC30. A bit lighter and thats always nice.