Tell Us What Do You Use Your HeadLamp For?

OldGreg

Newly Enlightened
Mostly caving and exploring drains and sewers. I use the 160 lumen blackdiamond storm. Good battery life, IPX7 waterproof, small, and bright enough unless you are in a large chamber.

25393678443_451fc33600_z.jpg

Frank E

Newly Enlightened
Working in the garden.
Picking gastropods off my plants.
Observing the garden wildlife and feeding the hedgehogs when they come into the garden
Looking for things under the sofa / bed/ (often other flashlights).
PCB SMD work
Electrical / plumbing work.
I've had a few Led Lenser head lamps. All failed at the cables Must get round to repairing them.
I've just got myself a Fenix HL55. It's a little heavy but should last longer having no cables.

Aussi

Newly Enlightened
I always thought that i will never need one.
Then we had a mouse in the attic...
Putting up the trap was okay with the small light up there.
But checking it i needed a flashlight.
The Klarus XT11S in one hand was okay but i wanted to have both hands free...
Then i bought a Skilhunt H02R and i like it.
I never thought that it could be like this, there is light whereever i look and both hands are free :twothumbs

And my eight month old son likes my shining head :D

tyler_jet

Newly Enlightened
I have a led lenser H14R.2 and I use it at the moment ice blasting asbestos with dry ice.
5fca4eb7852d1338ee6ed5e734752f4a.jpg

de827ef10534c04aec98a668305cf1af.jpg

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walking the dog at night. Walking around my cabins in Yosemite. Headlamps are so useful. Reading a book in my tents or hammock. Endless advantages:)

proee

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a nitecore HC30 headlamp and use it for running at night. It has plenty of light for the trail. However, even through it's very lightweight, I still feel tension on my neck toward the end of the run. I usually run a 3.7 mile loop off road.

Boko

Newly Enlightened
Fantastic photograph, OldGreg. I've never heard of exploring sewers as a hobby. Aren't you afraid a giant tidal wave of raw sewage is going to come surging down the tube?

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
Fantastic photograph, OldGreg. I've never heard of exploring sewers as a hobby. Aren't you afraid a giant tidal wave of raw sewage is going to come surging down the tube?

Paris has a museum in their sewer-I had to go through it on a college study abroad class. Stupid professor! Of all the museums we could have toured that day, he picked the sewer museum! Yes, it stunk! :toilet:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Used my Surefire headlamp to assist in a pre flight inspection of a helicopter, Bell Jet Ranger, owned by an old friend of mine. (He has a private jet too). He had just got the chopper back from a basic routine maintenance job that cost over $40,000. Headlamp was great because there are more things to check on helicopters.

But, you still need to do the pre flight checks, many more than the little planes I fly. I don't fly very much these days, however, the headlamp made the checks so much simpler than a regular flashlight on somethings, many things.

You still need a flashlight, even in the day, but the headlamp is something I would loved in the 80's for this. When my friends and I would fly up and down California all night long for something to do.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was in Alaska for 3 months; it was dark ALL the time, I used it to walk my dog. And back home, I use it to walk my dog.

Kaa_

Newly Enlightened
I used to have all kind of headlamps from Petzl. Tikka, Myo XP, Tikka XP, RXP, Reactik XP, etc. Primary for use at boy scouts etc.

Nowadays I use my Fenix HL60R for work around the stables and when walking with the horses. On my riding helmet I have a Petzl Actik attached for riding in the dark.

Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, a lot of uses for sure, the headlamp is really a universal tool! Wondering how you guys bring it while on the move? I got an E-Niner pouch to house the SF Minimus.

ripcurlksm

Newly Enlightened
Exclusively for backpacking. Recently got a 3xAAA Black Diamond Spot and a Streamlight 1xAAA as a backup :) We got a lot of snow this winter!

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that looks awesome! Nice pictures. Looking forward to going on some night hikes with my headlamp hopefully soon again.

Latest posts