• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Temporarily closed: 1C Aspheric Maglites **Now with beamshots**

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried several times to contact him via his PP address with no luck. I not long ago asked via pm (should he ever log in again) and PP email to refund my money. If I don't hear from him within a week I will file a complaint with PayPal kiss my money good buy probably, and hope PP goes after him.
Hopefully it will not come to that. If the problems that he has posted are true and honest I'd hate to put further troubles in his life. But if he can't be responsible enough to handle this situation...:sigh: I have no choice. I'm all for charity but not for lies or for those who are irresponsible.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problems do come up in life and I feel for Ryan and his situation HOWEVER, communication is key and essential. He should at least take 5 minutes to update everyone on the situation.:(

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you all get what you paid for! Remember paypal has 45 days to report a claim from the date of payment, I didn't want to share this but I did start the claim process after 30 days of payment when my light didn't show up(I guess I'm just paranoid), and HE DID send me my custom light and a freebie for the extra time it took him to build it, crap happens sometimes, but as others have said, communication is essential.

Has anyone seen him posting on other forums? I didn't keep the box where my light came in, but does anyone have his personal information (Name, address) handy? Do not post it but just don't loose it in case this deal goes sour, and someone wants to persue other ways of resolution.

AlexGT

bbb18c1

Newly Enlightened
Hope you all get what you paid for! Remember paypal has 45 days to report a claim from the date of payment, I didn't want to share this but I did start the claim process after 30 days of payment when my light didn't show up(I guess I'm just paranoid), and HE DID send me my custom light and a freebie for the extra time it took him to build it, crap happens sometimes, but as others have said, communication is essential.

Has anyone seen him posting on other forums? I didn't keep the box where my light came in, but does anyone have his personal information (Name, address) handy? Do not post it but just don't loose it in case this deal goes sour, and someone wants to persue other ways of resolution.

AlexGT

Unfortunately, I paid the full amount a lot longer than 45 days ago. I suspect most people who have paid also did the same. Paypal is of no use to me now. I don't really care for a refund that much as it isn't that much money, but I was really looking forward to the light.

I hope he comes through and gives us an update.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I paid by PayPal using my credit card. I will contact my CC company tomorrow and see if they can do anything.
I'll keep you posted.
Tanasit

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished talking to my CC company and I was told that I will get the credit back and they will contact the "merchant" because I never received the items.
At one point, she asked me if I cancelled the order and I said no because I am willing to wait. She asked if I give him a deadline, again the answer is no. She also asked if he promised the delivery date...no again.
I'll keep posted.
Tanasit

PS. Mr. Ryan Crandall, consider this as my order cancellation unless you can deliver in say....2 weeks.:poke:

Action

Enlightened
Does anyone have a home address for Ryan Crandall? Has anyone contacted an admin to see if there in another email address other than the Paypal one? Anyone know what school he attends (another way to track him down)?

mikeyx

Enlightened
Return address on the light that I received was:

*address removed by moderator*

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if posting a person's address is against the rules or not on this forum. Maybe send it via PM to the people who need it.

AlexGT

bbb18c1

Newly Enlightened
:sigh: Even with his address, I don't think there is much that can be done other than sending him a letter.

now I have to figure out what to do with the lithium-ion c's I bought months ago for this light.

:sigh:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
PayPal sent me the email acknowledging the chargeback I filed through my credit card company.
They said,"If you wish to continue with this chargeback, no further actions are required by you at this time."
And,"Once you file a claim, PayPal will investigate the case and attempt to come to a fair resolution. If our investigation determines that you are owed money by the seller, we will make every effort to recover funds for you.
However, please note that under the terms of the Buyer Complaint Policy,
recovery of funds is not guaranteed."

RCatR

Enlightened
First and foremost: I have messed up and I apologize

I want to make this work, and I've opened up a thread here to get this mess sorted out

RCatR

Enlightened
Lexina-I've added you onto the list in the solutions thread

Starfiretoo-I've got your light pack&ready to go; It will be headed out

tomorrow on my lunch break

Mikeyx-That's my old adress, I'm on East Main in Rochester now. Could you please remove the street section from your post? I don't mind my name being online but an adress of any form out in the open makes me nervous.

Tanasit-I've refunded your money via the paypal chargeback($260)

I really want this to resolve with no one getting cheated.
I will be updating/compiling the cumulative list of what is owed over the next

couple of days, If I miss anything please post a response so I may add it.

lexina

Enlightened
Good to hear from you, Ryan and glad to know that things are falling back into place. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bbb18c1

Newly Enlightened
yippieee!

Ryan,

I'm glad you came back and are trying to sort everything out! Good for you:thumbsup:

Will you still be filling the paid orders? I would much rather have the light than the money back.

thanks!

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my light today. This was RCatR's personal light that i paid for in another thread. It looks like a prototype of sorts. I was lucky that i was one of the last ones to have received a new light from this thread. Have to say the machining was very good. I feel for the rest of you and i hope it all turns out.:twothumbs

Starfiretoo-I've got your light pack&ready to go; It will be headed out tomorrow on my lunch break

Action

Enlightened
Its about time for an actual update on what has been accomplished, what remains, and a realistic delivery of items.