Test/review of Ladda AA 1000mAh (Brown)

HKJ

Flashaholic
[size=+3]Ladda AA 1000mAh (Brown)[/size]

DSC_9095.jpg

Official specifications:
  • Capacity: 1000mAh
  • Voltage: 1.2V
  • Ready to use, i.e. low self discharge (lsd) cells.
  • Made in Japan

Ladda%20AA%201000mAh%20(Brown)-info.png

Maximum temperature raise at different discharge currents: 1A:+2,0°C, 2A:+4,1°C, 3A:+6,2°C, 5A:+9,5°C, 7A:+11,4°C, 10A:+11,1°C
Low capacity NiMH from Ikea.

DSC_9096.jpg
DSC_9097.jpg

DSC_9098.jpg

DSC_9099.jpg

DSC_9100.jpg

Ladda%20AA%201000mAh%20(Brown)-Capacity.png

The discharge curves looks fine.

Ladda%20AA%201000mAh%20(Brown)-CapacityTime.png

Ladda%20AA%201000mAh%20(Brown)-CapacityTimeHours.png

Ladda%20AA%201000mAh%20(Brown)-Energy.png

Ladda%20AA%201000mAh%20(Brown)-PowerLoadTime.png

Ladda%20AA%201000mAh%20(Brown)-CurrentTest.png

Ladda%20AA%201000mAh%20(Brown)-Charge.png

[size=+3]Conclusion[/size]

The batteries are good quality, but for most applications I do not see the point in these low capacity cells.
There is a few places where they may be an advantage to use, because they are supposed to be very robust. That is in stuff like cordless phones and solar charged garden lamps.

[size=+3]Notes and links[/size]

The batteries was supplied by a reader for review.

How is the test done and how to read the charts
Compare to other AA/AAA batteries: Alkaline/NiMH/Lithium

Kurt_Woloch

Enlightened
Well, I do think there is a point... in devices where the batteries get charged automatically or are hard to replace like in electric shavers or toothbrushes (where with some models the batteries actually aren't supposed to be replaceable). There are roughly equivalent to Eneloop Lite batteries, but at a much löwer price tag. Eneloop Lites have been tested by AACycler (see the overwiew page here: http://www.aacycler.com/battery/aa/) and actually lead the pack by the amount of energy stored throughout their cycle life, closely followed by regular Eneloops, but those aren't available as a discount variation. So if you go by the cost of energy storage only, I'm pretty sure those Ladda 1000's are the most economical option.

However, if you take into account that it takes some effort to recharge batteries (especially if they don't recharge automatically), these cells do fall short because of their low capacity.

Besides: Have you noticed how closely they are tracking? At a low load, if you don't look very closely, you might even think that one of the two cells is missing in the graph because the curves match up that well.

Last edited:

Cekid

Newly Enlightened
i bought them to use in some older generation logitech mouse which uses 2 AA...i started with ikea ladda 2450mah but it makes mouse too heavy and i like them mouse lighter...i put 2 ladda 1000 in it straight from the package, without topping them off, and it worked over a month with them...which is not so bad considering...

btw, cordless phones which uses AA are extremely rare...at least here in europe...maybe in the states they are more common, but i doubt it...

Last edited: