Official specifications:
  • Battery Capacity (Mfg Rated): 3000 mAh
  • Battery Chemistry: Lithium
  • Battery Feature: Primary (Disposable)
  • Battery Form Factor: AA
  • Battery Rated Voltage: 1.5 V
  • Manufacturer Brand: NICE

Nice%20Lithium%20AA-info.png

I believe these a Chinese lithium cells. Their performance is good at high loads.
Like other lithium cells the voltage is 1.8 to 1.9 volt when unloaded.

DSC_3513.jpg

DSC_3515.jpg
DSC_3516.jpg

DSC_3517.jpg

DSC_3518.jpg

DSC_3519.jpg

Nice%20Lithium%20AA-Capacity.png

These batteries does not change much in capacity, even at 3A load.

Nice%20Lithium%20AA-CapacityTime.png

Nice%20Lithium%20AA-CapacityTimeHours.png

Nice%20Lithium%20AA-Energy.png

[size=+3]Conclusion[/size]

This battery is much better than alkaline at high loads and will also work better in cold weather.
They cannot match the Energizer Ultimate lithium, except at 3A.

[size=+3]Notes and links[/size]

How is the test done and how to read the charts
Comparison of AA battery chemistries

LilKevin715

Enlightened
I've never heard of the brand name but the results are definately NICE :D. I noticied that the negative bottom plate looks very similar to that of the Energizer Ultimate Lithium as well.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I've never heard of the brand name but the results are definately NICE :D. I noticied that the negative bottom plate looks very similar to that of the Energizer Ultimate Lithium as well.

If you compare the performance to the Energizer, it is easy to see that they are different.

I did not know that brand, before somebody pointed it out for me. I will probably get some for my less used AA lights (the used ones uses eneloop).

Bumble

Enlightened
$5.04 for 4 batteries from FT ... will probably put some in my cart next order. :)

many thanks for the review HKJ ;)

Dubois

Enlightened
Useful review - thanks HKJ. Worth getting some of these to give to friends who can't cope with eneloops. Shame I just sent an order to Fasttech last night (which shipped today).

torukmakto4

Newly Enlightened
How about safety versus the L91? I know there were incidences of randomly dead or low-capacity cells with some cheaper brands of CR123A and these type of Li/FeS2 1.5V primaries which have resulted in reversed cells in series and :poof:. The tests say good things about these and suggest that none of that will be happening, but I would be a little scared of these used in series.

HKJ

Flashaholic
How about safety versus the L91? I know there were incidences of randomly dead or low-capacity cells with some cheaper brands of CR123A and these type of Li/FeS2 1.5V primaries which have resulted in reversed cells in series and :poof:. The tests say good things about these and suggest that none of that will be happening, but I would be a little scared of these used in series.

In my test I can only check the performance, not the safety.
It is always safer to avoid reverse charging the batteries, i.e. 1 cell lights are safe, on multi cell lights it will depend on the construction.
Also 1.5 volt lithium is not the same as 3 volt lithium, but I do not know if this means better or worse safety for the battery.

Latest posts