The ABTOMAT Police Flashlight Collection

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the Grendel P-30 pistol / 22mag-30 round clip (FACTORY) would luv to get one of the lights, it sounds kick a-- like the 30 rounds of 22-magnum. It lost out in the 94 band on hi-cap magazine sort of like the high velocity flashlights did in the late 70's (hippie tamers) - very nice collection, letting all the CPF'ers see what the good old days were like...

purelite

Enlightened
That Grendel is really ahead of its time if you look at the details. A crenallated bezel ring, head down pocket clip. Can anyone say there is an earlier flashlight with a crenallated bezel? That is a very cool light.

roadie

Enlightened
Holy Sh*T !!!!!

Nice lights, i love them all

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

especially those with batons or for clubbing .... :party:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow...I really like the styling on these...especially the Kel-lights...Ever get 2 of 1 model and look into to revamping it? I bet the Grendel Lite could do some damage with a xenon bulb! Like a 7D Magnum Star xenon!!! (If it doesn't melt first). Nice lights there abotamat!

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Wow, brings back memories. My 3-D large head Kel-lite was bombproof, but it suffered alkaline leakage when ignored. The first time, I was able to order parts and rebuild it. Last time, I gave up and it was tossed.

I recall the 7-D Bianci B-lite I ordered; might still be at Dad's house somewhere.

I recall a 4-D Herrett's Hi-lite, too.

Well, at least now I know where Kel-light vanished to.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

dbkraemer

Newly Enlightened
Hi Abtomat. I just came across my old Grendelite A2 body, 2 battery hold subassemblies, parts, manuals, etc. I would like to refurbish it to working condition. Any thoughts?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Abtomat. I just came across my old Grendelite A2 body, 2 battery hold subassemblies, parts, manuals, etc. I would like to refurbish it to working condition. Any thoughts?

Thoughts? If you have the stuff I don't see any reason not to fix it. They're rare. I don't like mine as a flashlight but it looks interesting on the shelf.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moving on...

Pro-Light 6D, large-head model in the box. Metal tube with plastic head. Quite rare in this head size--possibly the largest reflector put in one of these lights:
83owWTz.jpg

Mag-Lite 3C from 1981. The box says "Large Head" on it--I believe early on Mag had multiple head options, but I've never seen one:
xMsAu4Q.jpg

Streamlight Kel-Lite II 2D. Early Kel-based Streamlight. This one in a rare "Camo Lite" model with woodland anodizing:
WbmJMXl.jpg

Even rarer for having a D-ring tailcap:
DW9Bs1E.jpg

Another camo Streamlight Kel-Lite II D-ring, this time in 4D:
rqXANla.jpg

Tail end:
jdCUfIf.jpg

Streamlight Kel-Lite II 2D. Plain back with flat tail:
DTMI6sX.jpg

Streamlight 3D SL-3DX. This was one of the last Kel-Lite based Streamlight models. Still made in Barstow:
wZ2Orof.jpg

Same light, out of the package. Streamlight did make an early run of these with Mag-eqsue lettering around the head. I've never owned one but you can imagine that didn't last long:
WSYbpXI.jpg

Back when people still remembered what a Kel-Lite was:
oe8C2fk.jpg

I believe that's it for my current flashlight collection proper. Next up we'll have some photos of the parts and accessories.

Last edited:

N10

Newly Enlightened
okay, I have to ask,where do you source such lights..? amazing collection ABTOMAT!thanks for sharing & btw, is that "large Head" M@g's head really larger than that or regular mags?