The EMISAR D4S - It has only one flaw, as I see it...

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Are the threads on your green D4S clean smooth without sharp jagged edges, or as described above from Mr Weiss?

Does a lens wipe snag while wiping threads?

Are the tail and head threads Acme (square) cut?

Mr Weiss, quality control on your light threads does not surprise me. "Chabuduo" is the reason I have not ordered Emisar

Last edited:
^ Are the threads on your green D4S clean smooth without sharp jagged edges, or as described above from Mr Weiss?

Does a lens wipe snag while wiping threads?

Are the tail and head threads Acme (square) cut?

Mr Weiss, quality control on your light threads does not surprise me. "Chabuduo" is the reason I have not ordered Emisar

Cloth doesn't snag. You see in photo (especially on left and right sides, which are most in focus), the threads are nice and square and well lubed. Threads are tight but smooth when I mech. lock out. Tailcap is tighter than head, so I use head to lockout. The tail PCB glue was broken when I received the light. Tiny spot of glue between magnet and tail PCB had failed. I put a dot of glue on there. Very much love this light.

eZJeVsY8ULZoiVOJ_2UZOMPauV0dPHuJyIl3fveDkYHPPSAGAm0aeMowbzaQR4v25UqouQ1twW3XqBg3mvjy-wCsi0QVKK_HVnu53aUmNOeUSZpS6aWS7kbxtB4FJMnfthlaC5Rhnk5lDrvoKGkoNbnd7xMjuvYnhyqq4h7bnZAqKfMy0AA1av9MDjXpFvYqpZZuftU19sEQgB_Royz0iYtdAvv-bElfP2EfAo5z-2KHCOEXI2wLxZso-4e-7oVct-DRvot1xp-9wHUUtBJsnvOoYAulNf97dZOiBjDv0cEy8XNHSxSZfFN4d5x0aLX_x1I026egMbMCX3tLp06Ozepzjg-L9QUC3QCK1MJ76SpAL2azFjjNscR5steekf8vFAz6vd5Cltx5EOkTwXUIdMUzhzrG4yoq2SPMqjv_qbKh1haYWJb7gO77oav9bxSYMO8RZZ8P7-3XJmXS4RDIfu_4LY2rBxu07c_UVilmcte_26K4pcZ_PkimvgnnED2daVno9ghoKdV-5xxJKENRgTKFq_UDu-0-Vk0A91MuZYSqYU4Ei3qDl0K2kXcpVRUDx8xQMxqb-PDKNvhNl7aBsM2160Yx7AfqYb-l0c-WAp58M_LlfCO0TY81hCehKIuExiFKBSAiC-9Mq4w4mzdMA4t3Aq-noAJ_=w534-h949-no

Last edited:
This thread got derailed somewhat on photo posting issues.

Although a little outdated, lots of advice for that, here ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?171978-Posting-photos

Please direct new questions and discussion about photo posting to one of the several threads for that, so this one can return to the Emisar.

Sorry about that. Here we go! For those who want to see the quality of threads on a D4S shipped in February, my photo shows it pretty well. The "irregularities" you see there is actually lube.
D4S.jpg

Last edited:

wweiss

Enlightened
My threads on the male tail cap snag - but I may also have a bad o-ring too. It's flattened and shredded. If I can, I'll get a pic up here to illustrate. I thing the head end threads of the barrel are fine.

Latest posts