The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erzengel

Enlightened
Regarding "important" or "must have" flashlights for us flashaholics, there are different questions which should be adressed in different threads
  1. Flashlights of "historic" relevance
  2. Lights that should be included in every collection (customs excluded)
  3. The lights of the year

#1 should list only milestones or classics of flashlight history like the Mini Maglite, Surefire 6P, the first light with High a Power LED, the first 100 Lumen light, ... This should not be a endless list of lights someone just bought, it should end in a general consensus of the cpf members.

#2 should be more general like "every flashaholic should have at least one P60 host" and not list specific lights like "Surefire C2 HA" or "Malkoff M61WL". It should be a more general consensus that gives every collector the necessary freedom for a individual decision.

This thread is rather useless at the moment, because everybody just lists the lights he/she owns or has recently bought.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
#1 should list only milestones or classics of flashlight history like the Mini Maglite, Surefire 6P, the first light with High a Power LED, the first 100 Lumen light, ... This should not be a endless list of lights someone just bought, it should end in a general consensus of the cpf members.
alright, here goes:
Surefire 6P, because I own several and it's a classic, the first "tactical" 2xCR123 flashlight
Surefire 8NX because I own one and it's a nitrolon classic
Surefire 8X because I own one and it's the 8NX's predecessor
Surefire 9AN because I own one and it's one out of 4 incandescent models with a high/low bulb, making it way cooler than all the above listed lights
Surefire 9N because I own one and I like its look more than the 9AN's, plus it's older
alright, let's go to some other brands:
Fenix P3D rebel 100 edition, because it was the first light in this class to claim 200 lumens output, and it was the first really expensive light I ever owned
Fenix T1 because I own one and it was (one of?) the first 2xCR123 tactical light(s?) with a high power LED, establishing what is now a whole category of lights that is now virtually unmanageable
Fenix TK20 because I own one and there's no other light like it as yet
Liteflux LF2XT, you guessed it, I own one
Eagletac M2C4 because it was the first light featuring two 18650 batteries side-by-side, and I own one

;)

radioactive_man

Enlightened
Surefire LX2 because of the two-stage tailcap. I love this light.
Fenix TK41 because of the awesome throw that comes without any worries about a multiple Li-ion battery setup (I only trust single cell Li-ion lights, mmmkay?)

Sarmajor

Newly Enlightened
Surefire 6P because I had one and lost it (left it under the bonnet of my Landcruiser).
Magcharger because they I have one now and it will get modded eventually.

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
Re: The Flashaholic's "Must Have" List

TK20 - this is truly build like a tank. Very thick sidewall and awesome light in general. Really a "must have"

TK21 - Again awesome light. Very bright at high settings. Very well build as well.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
JetBeam owners seem to be fewer and less vocal but as far as I have read the brand still enjoys a good reputation.

I would still consider the Jet III-M a "must have light" even though I've replaced it with a Klarus XT11, it's IBS UI was a really nice innovation IMHO, in all honesty I generally loath clips (and tactical rings) so they always get removed (2 exceptions being SF L1 & A2).

I should also place a vote for the following (I would never part with) lights...

SureFire 9N
Streamlight Ultra Stinger
Klarus XT11

(I'd previously voted for the Jet 3M, A2 & L1) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Brerarnold

Newly Enlightened
These have been said by many, but I'll add my vote anyway.

4 Sevens Quark X 123^2 for my pocket
4 Sevens Quark Pro QP2A-X for my EDC bag
Fenix LD20 for my bedstand
Fenix LD10 for backup

Honorable mention: Panthervision LED Powercap

I've got others, and they get used, but these are the ones I wouldn't do without.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a list of current lights in use, which for me are a "Must Have".

Surefire Saint Headlamp

Eagletac D25CL2 'Clicky'

Eagletac G25C

Nitecore TM11 'Tiny Monster'

gravelmonkey

Enlightened

Use my Zebralight H51c (DC-Fixed) daily, if it broke/got lost, I would buy a second without hesitation.

Also, I think a vote for the Fenix TK20- durable, simple UI, takes AA's, great colour rendering, used whenever the floody ZL can't put out light far enough.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

1. HDS Rotary - despite it not having a clip, I feel this is a must for me. It has a low-low and a very good high.

2. Surefire C2 - I could keep current with all the latest and greatest LED by just getting a new drop-in (provided they are still being made in the future given that Surefire have dropped all the P60 line).

Status
Not open for further replies.