The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Re: The Flashaholic's "Must Have" List

:ohgeez:......thanks for the heads-up...fixed. This just shows my ignorance with Peak lights. I've heard nothing but great things about them, but for whatever reason I've never had one. That needs to change soon....:sssh:
To quote the gal in the insurance commercial, happens to me all the time! :grin2:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Flashaholic's "Must Have" List

Came to this party WAY late...

Don't have any latest/greatest lights.

Last ones to leave:
Fenix P2D Q5. Love the UI! Get months from a 123.
Zebralite (model # not on light) 1x123 3 level black. Makes EXCELLENT reading light!
EagleTac P10C2. FANTASTIC tint. Two well thought out levels of light.
2D Mag with 8 level D Flex and P7. Gets WAY dim and WAY bright and 6 levels in between! You can't buy this off the shelf but you can have one built for you.

I feel strongly enough about these lights that when I rigged my truck they all came aboard!

Better late than never! :wave:

Votes added, except for the Zebralight. I need to know the specific model. Which model from this web page does yours look like?

http://www.zebralight.com/

gregman

Newly Enlightened
Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote!

I vote for the Peak Eiger 2AAA #8 neutral tint medium beam in brass with momentary switch. It feels good in your hand and looks nice in your shirt pocket. Am thinking of another one in HA for work!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can't believe I missed this one for so long. At the risk of being accused of following the crowd, the choices are simple for me - Tri-V, Haiku, Clicky 170N.

Great thread - great idea! Congrats...and made a sticky - WOW - great job! :thumbsup:

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast

The out-and out "must haves":

• SureFire 6P
  • Mag ROP
  • SureFire E1e
  • BigBeam Lantern
  • Eveready Dolphin
  • At least one pre-1930 torch in original condition and fully working
  • A stock Maglite
  • A FiveMega custom light
Plus - strictly optional, of course: something with a LED in it.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

OP updated with all votes.

Can't believe I missed this one for so long. At the risk of being accused of following the crowd, the choices are simple for me - Tri-V, Haiku, Clicky 170N.

Great thread - great idea! Congrats...and made a sticky - WOW - great job! :thumbsup:

Thanks much run4jc!! So how's that new Tri-V treatin' you? Maybe one day I'll be able to join that club...:huh:

The out-and out "must haves":

• SureFire 6P
  • Mag ROP
  • SureFire E1e
  • BigBeam Lantern
  • Eveready Dolphin
  • At least one pre-1930 torch in original condition and fully working
  • A stock Maglite
  • A FiveMega custom light
Plus - strictly optional, of course: something with a LED in it.
Thanks lctorana. Your votes were added, except for the last 3. To be added, it must be a specific light, not a manufacturer or line of flashlights. I think a stock Maglite is a must-have too, but only for comparison purposes. So you can show folks - "here is a stock 3D Maglight.....ok, now here is my Quark CR2 XP-G.....:grin2:"

So, by your last statement, can I take it that your preference leans slightly towards incans? ;)

linty

Newly Enlightened

For me:

Fenix Tk20

Thanks! Wow... screw the kids edu fund I found some better to invest in eh? lol

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

For me:

Fenix Tk20

Thanks! Wow... screw the kids edu fund I found some better to invest in eh? lol

Vote added. Wow, that TK20 is creeping dangerously close to the Must-Have Top 10 list...I had to take another look at this light. It looks like a great light and one of the few Fenix lights with a neutral tint. I just don't know about that full rubber grip on the body..

Brian321

Enlightened

I'll go ahead and vote for the Zebralight H501. Everytime I use it I cant believe how awesome it is. Especially when you need hands free lighting.

Brian

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vote added. Wow, that TK20 is creeping dangerously close to the Must-Have Top 10 list...I had to take another look at this light. It looks like a great light and one of the few Fenix lights with a neutral tint. I just don't know about that full rubber grip on the body..

Buy one RichS! Rumor has it they're going to be replaced by a TK21 soon that removes the throwy reflector and makes it a skinny flood lamp. TK20's built like a tank and in my opinion, the rubber body is what sets it apart from other lights. Have it in grey and yellow. :D

AAROSOL

Newly Enlightened

nitecore d10

AILL

Newly Enlightened

Novatac 120 without thinking half a second.
(I have nine of them, one is not showing up on this picture.)

This is really a must-have.

C'mon Novatac-owners: vote!

Andreas

Harry999

Enlightened

I have to add two more that I carry now I have them. These two just complement each other perfectly. I still carry the lights I voted for earlier so I think they should still count. Is that okay RichS?

The HDS EDC 170T Clicky
The HDS EDC High CRI 100 Clicky

When I get the Ra Twisty I have ordered I think that will be another one to vote for!

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast

A Ra Clicky

A must have. I love my 140narrow version!

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great Thread!

I waited forever to get one but My vote goes to the Ra Clicky. For all around utility it cant be beat. I own 3 now!

The Surefire U2 comes in at a close second.

-Bobby

LeeRain

Newly Enlightened

I voted for the 6P but I'm gonna have to throw in a vote for the Solarforce L2. I don't see any budget lights in the top 10 list but the L2 is a solid torch that I must have. The 6P was not a must have light for me untill I bored and R2'd it but the L2 is ready to go out of the box. The gunmetal version looks like a collectors piece! For around 25 bucks, L2's are a "Must have torch" in my book.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

OP updated with all votes.

This includes a removal of 1 vote for the NovaTac 120P (sorry about that Andreas). Although I really did like that light a lot, I guess I found it wasn't truly a "must-have" for me since I sold it today to free up funds for the M6-PhD. I have the HDS Clicky, and unfortunately for NovaTac the Clicky is just the latest version with improvements. Time to move on I guess...

I have to add two more that I carry now I have them. These two just complement each other perfectly. I still carry the lights I voted for earlier so I think they should still count. Is that okay RichS?

The HDS EDC 170T Clicky
The HDS EDC High CRI 100 Clicky

When I get the Ra Twisty I have ordered I think that will be another one to vote for!

Absolutely - no problem adding another vote. I added one additional vote for the HDS Clicky even though you have two. If a person had 5 A2s all with different color LEDs, it would still be one vote for the A2.

Great Thread!

I waited forever to get one but My vote goes to the Ra Clicky. For all around utility it cant be beat. I own 3 now!

The Surefire U2 comes in at a close second.

-Bobby

Thanks Bobby - much appreciated. :) I added a vote for the Ra Clicky and the U2. If you didn't mean to for the U2 to count as a "must-have" for you, let me know and I'll remove it.

I voted for the 6P but I'm gonna have to throw in a vote for the Solarforce L2. I don't see any budget lights in the top 10 list but the L2 is a solid torch that I must have. The 6P was not a must have light for me untill I bored and R2'd it but the L2 is ready to go out of the box. The gunmetal version looks like a collectors piece! For around 25 bucks, L2's are a "Must have torch" in my book.

Vote for the L2 added. I bought one with a strike bezel for my wife a couple of years ago and it still sits on her night stand. Its actually been a very nice light - never had the first problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.