The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote!

SureFire E2DL
Ra / HDS Clicky High CRI

Ian2381

Enlightened

I Just made my BOB today and my main light is the MiNi AA Neutral.

This is a choice I made since I tested one even in cold rainy night in the swimming pool for 5 hrs and submerging the light from time to time and it survived pretty well.:grin2:

ranger07

Newly Enlightened

Eagletac M2XC4 is my #1 must have light. The sheer output and throw, combined with the size makes this my #1 must have light. I do a lot of things outside in remote areas, and its nice to have a light that can throw this far, but still be small enough to carry in my jacket pocket (in the wintertime anyway).

Burgess

Flashaholic

My vote:

4Sevens Q-MiNi AA

:thumbsup:
_

CoachV

Newly Enlightened

I'd like to add one more vote to the SF E1B Backup! :twothumbs

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

OP updated with all votes.

And with that, the Quark MiNi AA is the 2nd 4Sevens light to join the 'Must-Have' list!

shippingandhandling

Newly Enlightened

Just got mine yesterday but I agree that the Ra Clicky is a must have. I think everyone has a mini Mag as well, but I'm not sure if it gets my nomination for a must have.

Harry999

Enlightened

I now have the Ra Twisty 140 and love it. I have ordered a custom High CRI 100 Twisty. The Twisty makes a great back up to the Clicky so I am voting for it as well. I already keep the Twisty in my bag with the Clicky in the pocket.

Lord Bear

Enlightened

:candle:
RichS, I'm not quite sure how to cast this vote properly. (I'll just cast it my way and please categorize it properly your way.)
Malkoff M61 series to include the M61/M61L/M61LL dropins.
Paired with...M61/MD2 host with hi-lo ring...M61L/SF C2 host...M61LL/VME host (VME head and 2xCR123A VME body).

m3flies

Banned

Here's a vote for my Quark 123 R5. It's a constant companion to either my Ra clicky 170T, or twisty 140.

AlphaZen

Enlightened

Along with my previous vote for the Quark Mini AA, I am voting for the Dereelight C2H. If I lost it I would certainly buy another, and I will definitely not be selling it. It's a must have for me. Thanks RichS!

PhillyRube

Enlightened

gotcha.

but, just consider; case in point, someone shopping for a, say 'Maxabeam' type '46 quadrillion lumens' light. Using this list they come up with one name; Maxabeam. Is it not a diservice to this person to not advise them of other brand lights that put out very similar beams at half or a third of the cost of a Maxabeam? Just so that they are aware?

Yes, but it's NOT a Maxabeam...heheh

mitro

Newly Enlightened

I've been carefully considering which of my lights I feel meet the criteria since this thread was first started. Man its tough. I keep thinking of it in terms of: "If I lost it, would have to hunt down another one?"

I can't choose a Quark only because I can't settle on a model (I alternate almost daily between 123x2 and AA).

One light that I must cast my vote for is the Nitecore D10. If you have a ramping one that acts properly, its a thing of beauty. I'll have my D10 until it dies and then I'll probably fix it. :)

Another must have for me is the Mag ROP. Its just such a great representation of what CPF is about. When all the other incans have gone the way of the dodo, I'll still be shining a ROP with a big grin on my face. Low or high, its simple and what I always wanted a Mag to be.

I think this thread is going to sell a lot of HDS Clickys. I know its responsible for the one headed my way. :)

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been carefully considering which of my lights I feel meet the criteria since this thread was first started. Man its tough. I keep thinking of it in terms of: "If I lost it, would have to hunt down another one?"

I can't choose a Quark only because I can't settle on a model (I alternate almost daily between 123x2 and AA).

One light that I must cast my vote for is the Nitecore D10. If you have a ramping one that acts properly, its a thing of beauty. I'll have my D10 until it dies and then I'll probably fix it. :)

Another must have for me is the Mag ROP. Its just such a great representation of what CPF is about. When all the other incans have gone the way of the dodo, I'll still be shining a ROP with a big grin on my face. Low or high, its simple and what I always wanted a Mag to be.

I think this thread is going to sell a lot of HDS Clickys. I know its responsible for the one headed my way. :)

Votes added. The ROP is just a couple of votes away from must-have status! Not surprising with the amazing output this mod puts out. Although no manufacturer will get credit for this one. I'll think I'll include "CPF" as the manufacturer for this amazing mod!

Like many others, the ROP was my first Mag mod. Once I got a taste of the incan modding fun, I had to jump to the Mag85. The Mag85 is still my favorite incan Mag mod years later. Practical, insane output, insane throw.

AlphaZen

Enlightened

Hi RichS. After voting for the C2H a couple days ago I got interesting in how Deree was fairing against the other manufacturers. It looks like they have 9 total votes now, along with Arc, EagleTac, JetBeam and PhotonLight.

DM51

Flashaholic

The ROP is just a couple of votes away from must-have status! Not surprising with the amazing output this mod puts out. Although no manufacturer will get credit for this one. I'll think I'll include "CPF" as the manufacturer for this amazing mod!
KevinL pioneered the ROP - he should get the credit for it.

lhloy

Newly Enlightened

Zebralight SC50, with or without 'W' -> the side clicky is great for point / shoot, and the UI can be sliced any way you want. This is great ergonomics for such a small short handy light.:twothumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.