The flashy groupies

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some copper groupies (featuring my newly-arrived Maratac 123 light)

Two 123 lights flanking the AAA version

Two 123 lights guarding my TnC 26650 copper light

And finally, my extended Maratac family

Last edited:

JohnnyMac

Newly Enlightened
These are some of my favorite shots of yours Dave. Fantastic pictures and lights!
+1! I agree whole heartedly!

There sure are some amazing lights in this thread with amazing trit work done on them. Kudos to all! :thumbsup:

grayhighh

Enlightened
_JWK3734_zps91357eab.jpg

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's another superb picture Dave.
Thanks Daniel. I think I'm almost as addicted to taking pictures of flashlights as I am to buying flashlights. ;)

I'm really looking forward to doing a group shot when I have a few more Mirage Man lights (truth be told, what I'm really looking forward to is having a few more MM lights!). :)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dlmorgan999, you have excellent taste and your pics are amazing.
Thanks. I've met a few excellent mentors on CPF that have helped guide my purchasing decisions.

These lights are - to me - works of art, and taking pictures of them is another creative artistic outlet on its own. :) I also get a lot of inspiration from all the other great pictures that have been posted in this and other threads ("Show Your Lights with Trits", "Titanium Collections", etc).

Last edited:

grayhighh

Enlightened
Thanks my friend for the words. I really enjoy the time i spend taking pictures of them.

Dave : The LS20 looks really nice !

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a few 26650 groupies.

Left to right: Tain Thud, TNC bead-blasted aluminum, Mac's Custom, TNC copper

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, my McGizmo family continues to grow with my recently acquired Haiku (this was one of the first custom lights I ever saw and has been on my buy list for a long time!)

Left to right: Haiku, Ti PD-S, Makai, LS27, LS20

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
At risk of being completely monotonous Dave, thanks for the great pictures.
Its interesting that the Mac 26650 is so compact - definitely appreciably more than the TNCs despite the head lengths looking identical. I think you have all or nearly all McGizmo's best lights now. :)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
At risk of being completely monotonous Dave, thanks for the great pictures.
Its interesting that the Mac 26650 is so compact - definitely appreciably more than the TNCs despite the head lengths looking identical. I think you have all or nearly all McGizmo's best lights now. :)
Thanks Daniel. :) I really enjoy taking these pictures (and I'm learning a LOT along the way!). It's been nice to hear feedback that so many others appreciate these pictures as well.

The tail of the Mac light is quite a bit shorter than the TNC lights. The TNC lights, however are three piece (the Mac light is two piece). I suspect that accounts for most of the difference in length.

As for my McGizmo family, there's one other light I'm still considering and that's the Sundrop. If I can figure out an effective way to mount it, I think it would make a great fill light for photography.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice picture, Dave. I would love to own a Thud one day, next time you take pictures take a few more of the Thud :)

If you want to use the SD for photography work, you can opt for the pocket clip with the 1/4' threaded hole and mount it on a tripod