• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The HDSRB Project

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
If you have the final design and it turns out a lot of people are liking and buying it, could there be a possible version in titanium?

Maybe in a later run, that would be cool for those with the Ti rotaries.

moltenmag

Enlightened
It's all very much still in the development stages, here's a rough sketch of it on an 18650 body:

Love the concept Ozy! I've always wanted more throw in an HDS. Ive always thought that a longer throw HDS would fit perfect in their product line. Maybe this will force Henry and Dan to come up with something before you do lol

All aboard the hype plane!

el1izp.jpg

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't think right now but have you thought about that startup site or whatever it's called?

Would allow us to fund the project so you would be able to get all the funds before the process actually takes place.

I purchased an Australian flashlight through this process and they had/have their own thread here, kind of like what you are doing.

They did something similar to what hogo did where there was a lower initial cost when you donated funding for the project.

Anyway, just wondering if you looked into that option or if you had something else in mind

Can't wait to see/hear the updates as the project evolves

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I can't think right now but have you thought about that startup site or whatever it's called?

Would allow us to fund the project so you would be able to get all the funds before the process actually takes place.

I purchased an Australian flashlight through this process and they had/have their own thread here, kind of like what you are doing.

They did something similar to what hogo did where there was a lower initial cost when you donated funding for the project.

Anyway, just wondering if you looked into that option or if you had something else in mind

Can't wait to see/hear the updates as the project evolves

Kickstarter...I've joined funding on a few projects, some went to fruition others did not. The Apollo Penlight and the Reylight Ti Lan V3 went this way and made it to production OK. Not sure how it works from the sellers side but I'd sure pledge!

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the clarification, i couldn't recall correctly.

I know it won't happen in this particular case because I believe there is enough interest....but what happens if people contribute and the project falls short for funding or the project doesn't come to completion? I would think the people would be refunded but maybe not

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Thanks for the clarification, i couldn't recall correctly.

I know it won't happen in this particular case because I believe there is enough interest....but what happens if people contribute and the project falls short for funding or the project doesn't come to completion? I would think the people would be refunded but maybe not

As I remember, you're not charged until the project is fully funded and production starts.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks.
I'm curious what ozzy's plans are....he might just be focusing on the actual product first.

I just wanted to throw the thought out there just in case he was thinking about options

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm actually surprised it wouldn't cost more. Small runs are not cheap. Hell, large runs are not cheap. Being this is using a reflector just compounds it.

I got lucky as I didn't have to hire engineers to design a reflector, the reflector manufacturer keeps their previous designs on file and they had made one in the past that will suit this project perfectly. Saves me (and everyone, in turn) lots of money on the design side. I still have to have them run my own production batch so its no cheap venture.

Thanks.
I'm curious what ozzy's plans are....he might just be focusing on the actual product first.

I just wanted to throw the thought out there just in case he was thinking about options

Right now my plan is to pay for this myself and sell it properly, because that's what I would prefer as a consumer. If that turns out to be impossible than I'd have to seek other approaches but I'd sooner sell part of my collection than run a pre-order

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely be following this here.
And thank you for doing this. Great to see someone taking on the project

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Progress on the proto

GC9lN6X.jpg

Preliminary beamshots look great, excited to get this on a luxmeter

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk